How's that CHANGE going for you bunky?

louixo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Was = January 2009 IS=Today

Hey - You wanted CHANGE.....................Well you got it

After two years of Obama ...Here's your change!

( from Sam Durbin....'rather scary' ! )

Source

Avg.. Retail price/gallon gas in U.S.

$1.83 was

$4.02 is

121 % change

Crude oil, European Brent (barrel)

$43..48 was

$99..02 is

127.7% change

Crude oil, West TX Inter. (barrel)

$38..74 was

$91..38 is

135.9% change

Gold: London (per troy oz.)

$853.25 was

$1,369.50 is

60.5% change

Corn, No.2 yellow, Central IL

$3.56 was

$6.33 is

78.1% change

Soybeans, No. 1 yellow, IL

$9.66 was

$13..75 is

42.3% change

Sugar, cane, raw, world, lb. Fob

$13..37 was

$35..39 is

164.7% change

Unemployment rate, non-farm, overall

7.6% was

9.4% is

23.7% change

Unemployment rate, blacks

12.6% was

15.8% is

25.4% change

Number of unemployed

11,616,000 was

14,485,000 is

24.7% change

Number of fed. Employees

2,779,000 was

2,840,000 is

2.2% change

Real median household income

$50,112 was

$49,777 is

-0.7% change

Number of food stamp recipients

31,983,716 was

43,200,878 is

35.1% change

Number of unemployment benefit recipients

7,526,598 was

9,193,838 is

22.2% change

Number of long-term unemployed

2,600,000 was

6,400,000 is

146.2% change

Poverty rate, individuals

13.2% was

14.3% is

8.3% change

People in poverty in U.S.

39,800,000 was

43,600,000 is

9.5% change

U.S.. Rank in Economic Freedom World Rankings

5 was

9 is

n/a

Present Situation Index

29.9 was

23.5 is

-21.4% change

Failed banks

140 was

164 is

17.1% change

U.S.. Dollar versus Japanese yen exchange rate

89.76 was

82.03 is

-8.6% change

U.S.. Money supply, M1, in billions

1,575.1 was

1,865.7 is

18.4% change

U.S.. Money supply, M2, in billions

8,310.9 was

8,852.3 is

6.5% change

National debt, in trillions

$10..627 was

$14..052 is

32.2% change

Just take this last item: In the last two years we have accumulated national debt at a rate more than 27 times as fast as during the rest of our entire nation's history.
Over 27 times as fast. Metaphorically speaking, if you are driving in the right lane doing 65 MPH and a car rockets past you in the left lane.
27 times faster, it would be doing 7,555 MPH!

Sources:
(1) U.S. Energy Information Administration; (2) Wall Street Journal; (3) Bureau of Labor Statistics; (4) Census Bureau; (5) USDA; (6) U.S. Dept. Of Labor;
(7) FHFA; (8) Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller; (9) RealtyTrac; (10) Heritage Foundation and WSJ; (11) The Conference Board; (12) FDIC;
(13) Federal Reserve; (14) U.S. Treasury

THE PRESIDENCY

SOME WILL APPRECIATE THIS AND SOME WILL NOT.

HOWEVER, ALL OF IT IS TRUE.

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry. He's done all this in 24 months -- so you'll have one year and ten months to come up with an answer.

Every statement in this email is factual and directly attributable to Barrack Hussein Obama. Every bumble is a matter of record and completely verifiable.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
facepalm+-+Jon+Stewart.jpg

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Are we to assume that this picture of Jon Stewart implies that some of none of the original post is true? Or is the message supposed to be that we shouldn't bother ourselves with trivialities such as highest ever national debt, true unemployment over 12% and real inflation numbers gaining momentum every day? If there are legitimate data that refute the above statistics, let's hear them. Otherwise, save the Comedy Channel for the college kids who stay up and watch this daily show junk since they have no reason to get out of bed before noon.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
This same info was posted a week or 2 ago...witness then put up a "fact ck" sites rebuttal...for the most part they could only find that alot of the percentages were off by a point or 2...they really didn't refute any of it...they just downplayed it because the %'s were off a bit...oh and they feel there were "omissions' that weren't fair to barry...needless to say even in their own words, the errors were minor....

You can read it all here:

http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/soapbox/47831-after-two-years-take-look-change.html

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Exactly. Chef, you get extra credit points

Pilgrim, I got nothin' for you, except an after school detention for being a smart alec.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Indeed - facts are stubborn things. But then again, there are always experts like Jon Stewart and Tina Fey to make it all seem better.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OK, here's my homework shown in red. Let's use some current figures instead of those in that table shown in the other post dated January 2011. I only picked out three of the first four items, but the trend is obvious. Now combine this info with the latest numbers on unemployment, durable goods and growth in GDP (or lack thereof). But never mind - the Daily Show will be on in about 20 min.

Was = January 2009 IS=Today

Hey - You wanted CHANGE.....................Well you got it

After two years of Obama ...Here's your change!

Avg.. Retail price/gallon gas in U.S.
$1.83 was
$4.02 is ($4.018 as of 5/9/11) http://www.eia.gov/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/wrgp/mogas_history.html
121 % change

Crude oil, European Brent (barrel)
$43..48 was
$99..02 is ($112.43 week of 5/20/11, +159% change)
http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=WEPCBRENT&f=W
127.7% change

Gold: London (per troy oz.)
$853.25 was
$1,369.50 is ($1523.07 as of 10:30PM 5/26/11 = +/- 79% change)
60.5% change

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Since everybody likes charts and graphs, here's one that would make Jimmy Carter proud. Pay particular attention to the increase in "Debt Held by the Public." Keep in mind that these figures only go to Apr 2010. The current number is $9,722,806,787,651.37.
Source: TreasuryDirect

Source: Ways and Means staff calculations, using Department of Labor and Department of Treasury data.
Note: Numbers differ from previous releases due to revisions by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Failure of Stimulus Drives

greg334

Veteran Expediter
It's going great.

I can't find a job if I need to.

My savings account is earning interest like it was 1934

My neighbors are longer living in their homes and the street looks like something out of a horror film where there is no one around.

People can now buy houses at good prices while getting loans for next to nothing and in the American Tradition still do not have to have 10% down.

Union workers were bailed out with tax money but still cry on how much they gave up while there are people who own 15 year old cars, have not bought clothes in a year and have barely enough to put food on the table.

Chrysler and GM both are paying back the "loans" that were made to them at great expense to the future citizens of this country with money they are getting in other loans for R&D.

People in the administration who worked for Goldman Sachs made sure that Goldman Sachs made money on the bail out.

We still believe in the fairy godmother, Santa Claus and that the stock market indicates how the economy is doing.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
It's going great.

I can't find a job if I need to.

My savings account is earning interest like it was 1934

My neighbors are longer living in their homes and the street looks like something out of a horror film where there is no one around.

People can now buy houses at good prices while getting loans for next to nothing and in the American Tradition still do not have to have 10% down.

Union workers were bailed out with tax money but still cry on how much they gave up while there are people who own 15 year old cars, have not bought clothes in a year and have barely enough to put food on the table.

Chrysler and GM both are paying back the "loans" that were made to them at great expense to the future citizens of this country with money they are getting in other loans for R&D.

People in the administration who worked for Goldman Sachs made sure that Goldman Sachs made money on the bail out.

We still believe in the fairy godmother, Santa Claus and that the stock market indicates how the economy is doing.

:confused:What, No Fairy Godmother? No Santa Clause?:eek: But the Easter Bunny told me that they were real:eek::D

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How many of us realized the extent to which GM and Chrysler - ESPECIALLY CHRYSLER - were bailed out by Obama and his Democrat controlled congress? Check out today's WSJ:

Product Liability Winners Made Losers by Big Auto Bailouts

"... WSJ’s Michael Spector reports on Friday, the bailouts dashed the legal recoveries of many who stood to recover from the companies for injuries sustained when Chrysler and GM cars malfunctioned...
In rescuing the car makers, writes Spector, the U.S. Treasury received large ownerships stakes in the restructured auto makers, as did union retiree trusts. Chrysler’s banks got some, not all, of their loans repaid in cash, and GM’s lenders were fully repaid. On the other side, thousands of dealers, asbestos victims and other creditors received little to no recompense.
Among the creditors who suffered most were car-accident victims.

Legal experts say the oversight was inexcusable."

And in one of the most arrogant and condescending "let them eat cake" statements of all time, the auto makers offered the following (emphasis mine):

"In separate statements, Chrysler and GM each expressed sympathy for those with product-liability claims while emphasizing that they were among many stakeholders called upon to sacrifice."

Product Liability Winners Made Losers by Big Auto Bailouts - Law Blog - WSJ

Both articles are highly enlightening, and further emphasize the public's need to beware whenever the man from the US Govt says he's here to help us. Wonder how many people will be shopping at Chrysler dealerships this weekend after reading these articles?