Hows cargo van freight

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
How is cargo van freight? Still sitting on sidelines. Thinking it might be better to get into straight. But that requires a class b cdl. Which requires a vehicle to take drivers test in. So im stuck on which way to go.

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Thats what i was thinking. Just thought maybe the elec log thing might start helping by big trucks not being able to stop and make as many pick ups. But wishful thinking is probably all it is.

Reactions: logisticsetc

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Id say at least 1500 on min 2000 miles a week would be good and anything 2500or over great. But back in my Panther days from 2011to jan 2014 alot of weeks you would be lucky to see 800 miles. Which would kill the good weeks you did have.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Id say at least 1500 on min 2000 miles a week would be good and anything 2500or over great. But back in my Panther days from 2011to jan 2014 alot of weeks you would be lucky to see 800 miles. Which would kill the good weeks you did have.
It’s still the same. Nothing has changed except the rates have come down, especially for the multi’s.

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
In a Str8 truck that’s doable. You will have to listen to the van drivers about van pay but I O/O a Str8 33K and dont have a problem doing that.

Truckster1036

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can 14 ft straight trucks make any money out there expediting are they hard to keep moving beacuse of there smaller size .

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
If you buy a straight truck should it be 10 yrs and newer i seen a real nice one for sale but it was a 2007.
It depends what company you want to lease it on with. Some will take older trucks, some won't.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Truckster1036

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
What does the insurance cost these days on a 24 ft truck yearly i was in the taxicab buisness as a owner operator and then it was like $4500.00 yearly.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
What does the insurance cost these days on a 24 ft truck yearly i was in the taxicab buisness as a owner operator and then it was like $4500.00 yearly.
I don't know how much primary liability and cargo insurance is since Load One pays for those, but my non trucking liability and physical damage cost me $19.x a week. This is on a 2004 Freightliner M2.

Reactions: RoadTime

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My neighbor is $32 per week Progressive/CIS on a $90,000 Straight truck. This year.
Good record/experience/credit score.
$1000 deductible.
That’s paid per year, in advance.

Localrunz

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
You really dont want to know what they make sometimes! I know the only time i seen what the total pay was by mistake im sure the shipper had the papers mixed in with paperwork i had and im sure panther didn't know and shipper probably did it by mistake. I was making right at .90 cents a mile in cargo van the load was right at Kansas city kansas , going to madison al. The total pay for load was 1692 dollars i think total miles was 685 i got close to 620 of that. I remember that one cause of the money. And the last load i did for them ga to new york city it was supposed to deliver on martin luther king day and i asked them 5 times before i took the load will they be open on a holiday. Everytime yes they will be. And well yep they wasnt so after 2 hours of waiting for them to get someone to unload me. I told them i was taking freight back to where i picked it up. Cause id lived up to my bargain and they lied 5times on qc msg so i had them. When they realized i was for real they had a crossdock set up in 15 mins. I guess they seen me headed south. I figured they would have got the picture but they was still trying to offer me loads on my way home lol

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
FlyingVan What ins company you got for 19 a week.
I had Progressive through CIS before but it was a bit more expensive and I had to pay it once yearly in advance to get that price. Then I found out that whoever Load One uses is a bit cheaper and they take it out of my settlement every week. I don't remember who they use, but that is what I have now.