Expedite Expo 2021 July 16 - 17

How realistic is getting to planet fitness regularly as a straight truck team?

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
I've been getting into working out and exercising a lot lately as I've been away from trucking for a few years, and I wanna get back to it now things are returning to normal from covid but I want to avoid the sedetary lifestyle as much as I can.

Planet fitness definitely seems like the best bet for a gym and they are usually in big parking lots. Does anyone frequent them as a class B driver? How hard is it to squeeze in a hour to 90 mins while on a load for a workout/quick shower? Any other advice on the matter?

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
I drove a sprinter for 11 years 5 of them at load 1 and I found planet fitness to be the easiest to park at as most were in shopping centers.
Do you think a ST would have any trouble? Hopefully a smaller sized one but idk yet. I'm willing to park a bit out of the way and walk if need be.

I first thought about anytime fitness but those seen to be small strip mall locations

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I had a membership at Planet Fitness up until the covid thing. Had no issue whatsoever parking my straight at any location I stopped at. Some locations I couldn't find space in the front parking lot, but I would park in the back and ask the guys inside if I could park there for a couple of hours.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know someone that takes his tractor trailer to Planet Fitness all the time. So obviously straight trucks and especially Sprinter type vans have no excuse Plan accordingly. As far as enough time, that’s up to you. If you want to go work out, go work out. Unless your driving for someone, then that could be more of a issue. Worse case you have to leave in the middle of a workout. Better then no workout

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
Thanks for the replys guys....yeah I think it's $16 a shower at a truck stop? At least it used to be. $22 a month pays for itself with one shower taking the credits out the equation.

I'm looking for an owner to drive for if anyone out there wants to team who wants to treat PF as our truck stop hmu. (Not literally)