How much water do I need to drink everyday?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
This is from a recent newsletter we send to our gym members:

Why Some Members Bring a Gallon of Water to the Gym

You may have seen them in the gym; members who bring a gallon of water when they come to work out. You may even see someone tote a gallon to school or work. What's up with that?

While the behavior may seem odd to many people, these gallon-toting members know the value of drinking at least one gallon of water each day. They carry a jug around to accurately gauge their intake.

The benefits of drinking more water

Ten Reasons to Drink a Gallon of Water Every Day

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I have tried 2 quarts of water a day and with my bp pill with a diuretic in it,,I have to pee a million times,,lol, but its still good for you.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I sip on diet pop from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed. I know it's been long overdue to stop, but I didn't think I could make the switch to water as my main drink from diet pop on the road. (Due to increased pit stops). But after experimenting at home I noticed I was going just as much with the pop versus with the water.

So I decided to just make the switch. Besides the cost savings and lack of other chemicals, I actually like taking nice cold sips of ice water instead of the mysterious red dye I was constantly consuming. On my first week since the switch and all seems to be going good. I still have pop as a treat, but it's no longer the staple of my diet :)

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I sip on diet pop from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed. I know it's been long overdue to stop, but I didn't think I could make the switch to water as my main drink from diet pop on the road. (Due to increased pit stops). But after experimenting at home I noticed I was going just as much with the pop versus with the water.

So I decided to just make the switch. Besides the cost savings and lack of other chemicals, I actually like taking nice cold sips of ice water instead of the mysterious red dye I was constantly consuming. On my first week since the switch and all seems to be going good. I still have pop as a treat, but it's no longer the staple of my diet :)

RT....I too like 1 diet dew a day...it use to be alot more...but I got the Propel water and really like it (kiwi-strawberry) my favorite....4 to 5 bottles a day....really helped get away from the pop....I got Ovm hooked on it....just plain water doesn't satisfiy me....Propel has other good things in it also - not just flavored water .....it may not be for everyone but give it a try...Walmarts carry single flavors in 12 packs or singles....also some Dollar Tree stores have singles cold..

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
RT....I too like 1 diet dew a day...it use to be alot more...but I got the Propel water and really like it (kiwi-strawberry) my favorite....4 to 5 bottles a day....really helped get away from the pop....I got Ovm hooked on it....just plain water doesn't satisfiy me....Propel has other good things in it also - not just flavored water .....it may not be for everyone but give it a try...Walmarts carry single flavors in 12 packs or singles....also some Dollar Tree stores have singles cold..

I was looking at propel the day of the switch. The way it was packaged I couldn't read the ingredient label, then I saw drinking water was $.88 a gallon and said okay drinking water it is haha.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was looking at propel the day of the switch. The way it was packaged I couldn't read the ingredient label, then I saw drinking water was $.88 a gallon and said okay drinking water it is haha.

I know its $ 4.98 a 12 pack...so like 48 cents each with tax....but it does the trick for me....No gulizing...just sipping when thirsty.... also i drink 1 at 15 minutes before bedtime and 1rst thing in morning.....
Remember OVM is drinking this ( Mr. Hotdog splitter) so he also has accepted the cost...and he carries like 4 - 12 packs with him always...lol

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
RT - Switching to water is a good idea. If you need flavor, there are liquid and powder flavors to be added. Even with the drink mixes, it would still cost less than soft drinks, and most likely better for you too.

ATeam

Retired Expediter

Congratulations on your successful switch from diet pop (soda) to water. The cost savings alone is enough reason to make the switch.

About flavor, every taste is an acquired taste. A refreshing drink of cool, healthy water has become very satisfying. Water has no flavor but it can be wonderfully satisfying to drink, especially when you know the benefits of drinking a gallon of water a day.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know its $ 4.98 a 12 pack...so like 48 cents each with tax....but it does the trick for me....No gulizing...just sipping when thirsty.... also i drink 1 at 15 minutes before bedtime and 1rst thing in morning.....
Remember OVM is drinking this ( Mr. Hotdog splitter) so he also has accepted the cost...and he carries like 4 - 12 packs with him always...lol

I finally tried propel grape on a whim. I think I'm just use to plain water now, I thought it was nasty. Felt like I was trying to drink syrup. Oddly, it's been a couple of weeks since my last pop and had the same result yesterday. Thankfully my coffee pallet has not changed haha.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I finally tried propel grape on a whim. I think I'm just use to plain water now, I thought it was nasty. Felt like I was trying to drink syrup. Oddly, it's been a couple of weeks since my last pop and had the same result yesterday. Thankfully my coffee pallet has not changed haha.

I really like the Kiwi strawberry...3 to 4 bottles a day.....Ovm drinks different flavors....mainly I think because its Cheaper to buy assorted flavors by case...:p