How much does a empty box weigh?

Toes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Tough question, so I'll even accept guess's.

While stretching the big truck...How much does an empty box weigh? I can carry a 20 foot cargo box without legenthing the frame. (Just need to add rear frame sections)

What box is thought to be the lightest, or best? And why? Looking for barn doors verses roll-up.

My D unit has a 24 foot Alum-box, and I like it quite well.

Thanks,
Darrell

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Go to Morgan's website www.morgancorp.com for a lot of box technical data. Weights vary greatly depending on widths and heights, but on average a 20' box will weigh around 3000-3200 lbs.
My favorite boxes for quality, durability and leak resistance have been Morgan and Supreme.
-Weave-

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
well now my previous post looks kind of strange since the administrators have removed [and rightfully so]born2drives post.your post had nothing to do with anything concerning this thread,which is how much does an empty box weigh?.hell, as near as i could figure it didn't have anything to do with anything on any of these forums.[they havent got the weird and wacky forum up and running yet]having only been a member of this site for three days,maybe you havent figured it out yet that EO is a place to go too get answers and info on expediting and provides lots of services for people who already do this for a living or are concidering getting into this line of work.as for your question,who am i?.my profile is easily accessable and has real information about me, unlike yours mr. none none.[and i looked in my atlas, there is no anywhere,california]thats about all i have too say,because none of this is answering toes request for info on how much does an empty box weigh? [by the way, i dont know t hat information]. Doggie Daddy <<<<climbs down off his soap box.