how many people are allowed in a straight truck w. a sleeper

alex108

New Recruit
Researching
how many people are allowed to be inside a straight truck with a sleeper? Assume one person is driving, one person is in the sleeper, and another person is in the passenger seat. Is this okay?

Reactions: DBenton

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, if all
1) have proper restraints/seat belts
2) are permitted by the carrier. If you are the carrier, no issues.
3) the person in the jump seat, must log on duty if a loggable driver. I believe there is an allowable 2 hour off duty provision in the latest regulation.

I don’t believe any major carrier will approve this in today’s climate. Too much liability and chance of distraction.

Reactions: DBenton

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Any passenger must be approved by the carrier in advance. Some will have age limits.
Many will require you to buy passenger insurance.
And, I believe you’re required to have written authorization from the carrier to show carrier approval to any interested authorities.

Know your passenger. If they’re holding, you’re holding.
I once loaded a shipment and the crew slipped some personal luggage into the load. Said they didn’t wanted to drag it through the airport.
I noted it on bill and notified carrier. I still worried that there may be stuff in the suitcases they may not want Airport Security to find.

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I don’t think they’re big enough to have an orgy in! *just a little humor to lighten up drivers spirit!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You call it group sex.
Where I’m from it’s just called being neighborly.
31ca4b3bb5c4b96f18e0079bd0a139ac.jpg