How Do I Separate Quotes and Responses?

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Maybe I'm not the only one who doesn't know how to do this: can anyone tell me how reply to a quoted post, and in doing so, separate statements in the blue fields so each statement can be addressed individually? I notice some of the more computer literate members do this all the time, but I have yet to figure out how it's done.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Maybe I'm not the only one who doesn't know how to do this: can anyone tell me how reply to a quoted post, and in doing so, separate statements in the blue fields so each statement can be addressed individually? I notice some of the more computer literate members do this all the time, but I have yet to figure out how it's done.
There is a little check box under the quick reply box on the left had side that says "Quote message in reply?" you check that box then type away and post.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Yes - do as Team Caffee instructed, then look for the following tags:

The "Begin Quote" Tag (which is the word "QUOTE" enclosed in brackets) and,

The "End Quote" Tag (which is "/QUOTE" enclosed in brackets)

These two items define where the quoted text begins and ends - and a pair of these tags must exist for each grouping of words you wish to quote separately. I usually just copy the End Quote tag and paste it to enclose the first group of words I wish to quote ...... then I use the following:

You can highlight (select) some of the text in your reply that you wish to quote and use the QUOTE button in the reply box toolbar (which is next to the number symbol and looks like quoted text in ballon that you would see in a cartoon or illustration) - this will enclose the highlighted text with a "Begin Quote" tag at the beginning and an "End Quote" tag at the end.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 person

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes - do as Team Caffee instructed, then look for the following tags:

The "Begin Quote" Tag (which is the word "QUOTE" enclosed in brackets) and,

The "End Quote" Tag (which is "/QUOTE" enclosed in brackets).

I have

These two items define where the quoted text begins and ends - and a pair of these tags must exist for each grouping of words you wish to quote separately. I usually just copy the End Quote tag and paste it to enclose the first group of words I wish to quote ...... then I use the following:

You can highlight (select) some of the text in your reply that you wish to quote and use the QUOTE button in the reply box toolbar (which is next to the number symbol and looks like quoted text in ballon that you would see in a cartoon or illustration) - this will enclose the highlighted text with a "Begin Quote" tag at the beginning and an "End Quote" tag at the end.

learned something

Hope this helps.

new today.

Thanks guys, for the enlightenment.