How can I get Internet in my truck?

G

Does anyone know how I can get internet access in my truck? I would like to hook up web tv in my truck. Can I hook it threw my cell phone to dial? Or how can it be done? I heard that something about parknview, but is that the only way? Hope someone has some useful info to help me out...

G

Sprint PCS has new technology available that allows you to hook cel phone to computer. Connection kit is $199. Park N View might be a cheaper way to go.

G

Hello First-Out,

I don't think WEBTV has the ability to roam via laptop. Your only options right now is a laptop + a nationwide ISP (Internet Service Provider. If you use a cellphone for access, it must have a special modem card (aprox $150 - $200.

You could also use Park & View, which has it's limitations. Check back to Expediters Online in the next few weeks as we will be offering some great soloutions in regards to this topic.

Regards,
Lawrence McCord
Expediters Online

G

The last time I looked ParNView only had 200 locations nation wide, so the coverage is mediocre at best. If some one was really smart they would create a system that didn't require diggin up the parking lot at a truck stop to put in those stupid concrete mushrooms for connections. This idea would use wireless technology so there would be a rooftop sender and receiver antenna on the top of the truckstop, and everyone with the appropriate chip on their cell phone would be able to get internet connection from either their vehicle or the cafe area. Just some thing to ponder!! Jim Bunting...PS this stuff exists now, it just hasen't been done yet!!