How about you?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
One of the down sides of eating is that it is so gosh darn satisfying and it can fill many needs, including the need to do something when bored.

If I understand your post correctly, allow me to recommend the Green Tea Diet that is discussed here on EO. Combined with mindfulness and meditation, it can relieve boredom, reduce your food intake and fill your body with the green tea goodies that are good for you.

It's working for me and is not as out-there as it may sound. In addition to following the easy green tea diet, be mindful of something specific when you drink the tea; namely, the healthy body you intend to have. Don't think about food. Think about health. After a while, each cup of tea will automatically trigger healthy thoughts and actions that help make the pounds go away.

Meditation is mindfulness, only more focused and of longer duration. When hungry, drink a cup of green tea to quiet your appetite. Then close your eyes, focus on your breathing to quiet yourself, and envision and feel the healthy body you will one day have. It is little different than a pleasant day dream. It is fun, it feels good and it will relieve boredom every time.

Meditation is a skill that can be begun with no special equipment, no cost and done anywhere you can sit. With practice you can get better at it, though its effects are evident the moment you begin. Do a Google search on meditation to learn more.

An observer will see you sitting there doing nothing. You will see whatever you care to bring to mind, and bored you will not be. Boredom is a state of mind. The solution to boredom is not out there. It is within. Moving beyond boredom is a simple matter of changing your mind from its bored state to a different state -- a state that you choose -- that helps you feel how you want to feel and moves you in the direction you want to go.

Last edited:

NightDriver

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hunger vs Boredom? If the tummy isn't growling, I'm not hungry. But that doesn't lessen the want for something to eat. I keep cheeses and whole grain crackers on hand for the munchies, as well as low fat yogurts - might as well ramp up your calcium intake, right? For real decadence, we have those new Jello mousse cups on hand.

There's no doubt that green tea is healthful, and if it helps someone lose a few pounds, well, that's a bonus in my book. Let's see some pics!!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Meditation is d*mn hard in a truck.

Green tea isn't for everyone, if you have some medical conditions (thyroid) stay away from it until you ask your doctor.

Snacks seem to be the best solution short term, good snacks that fill you with good things.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Can't meditate while driving, and absolutely hate green tea! But I like Sun Chips, and they're not too awfully unhealthy, so that's what I do when I'm hungry, or just think I am.
I find a really good audiobook nearly eliminates the boredom, though.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Cheri,
Yep meditation is nearly impossible to do while driving.

I ended up with a case of Soy Chips. They are not all that bad, and seems to be a bit better than potato chips or corn chips.

Also seeds. Pumpkin, sunflower, squash, what ever are also good.

Freightdawg

Expert Expediter
I like carrot sticks or mini carrots. The crunch helps keep me alert and the chewing is satisfying.:) Of course you can get crunch out of M&M's and potato chips, but I try not to give in to them.:D I you ever saw me, you could tell that the M&M's have won over the carrots too many times!:eek: