hour's of service [14 hour rules]

Bama1

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
okay let me give you this scenario. you have a 8am pick up, 25 minutes away you just spent your 10 hour's off at a safe area you decide to beat the morning rush hour and head out at 5am arrived at pick up at 6am go off duty to 8am. if i'm not mistaken the 14 hour clock would still keep running till 10 hours of consecutive time off duty. so my questions is how would you handle this situation?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
If it's 25 minutes away I wouldn't leave until 6:30 since that would have me there by 7. That way it will limit the time lost from your 14 hour clock but will make sure that you arrive with plenty of time incase there is an issue. You only have 3 hours extra before you start getting into your drive time so don't show up too early.

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wouldn't start early if load wasn't ready early. How far were you go? Would it use all your time? Or were you looking to put 2 small loads together?

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Same thing happens when you sleep 6 hrs and have make a delivery first thing in the morning you clock has started and you sit for 5 hrs waiting for the next load you can't do it cause you don't have the time to do a direct 500 miles cause you wasted you day waiting

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums electronic logs are gonna suck!

Last edited:
Reactions: TDave