hotshot work

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Looking for a website that has LTL and/or Hot Shot info on it. Anybody know right off of a website that caters to such a crowd? is there even one? or no not really.

Looking to part time myself in 3 different industries- all transportation related. Driving/hauling full time locally now- as some of you may know I am a former OTR driver of trucks (and yes, busses too). Also currently doing PT driving in upstate SC.
Just have to find the right operation OUT OF the upstate SC area.
Hold Class A, but no HazMat. friend of the family says I should check into Fast-tek? a small expedited co. here in SC. he runs cargo van expedited freight, but he's retired and does it very Part time. I'm preferably seeking tractor trailer work or straight truck work- preferably with a sleeper of some kind on it.

Later, BBB

Brisco

Expert Expediter
The 2 best on the web for LTL/Hotshot trucking are right here:

HotShot Hauling

ltlhotshot.myfreeforum.org :: Index

But just like expediting is now, it's not a good time to jump into LTL/Hotshot trucking either. We are having the same probs you guys are. Low freight volume, low rates, and the slow/holiday times are about to hit too.

Hope this helps.

Brisco

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
The 2 best on the web for LTL/Hotshot trucking are right here:

HotShot Hauling

ltlhotshot.myfreeforum.org :: Index

But just like expediting is now, it's not a good time to jump into LTL/Hotshot trucking either. We are having the same probs you guys are. Low freight volume, low rates, and the slow/holiday times are about to hit too.

Hope this helps.

Brisco

Brisco , I don't think he really means hotshot as you know it . Some people refer to expediting as hotshot . From the equipment he mentions he seems to be looking for expedite jobs . You did post the best forums for hotshot though

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Actually, I'm seeking hotshot related hauling topics and LTL topics...
not completely expedited.

I'm dabbling on the side Very Part Time (but more and more) in LTL work.
and I'm seeking more info on those topics of LTL and Hotshot.

Considering on signing on with Ace Doran Hauling and Rigging... many of the drivers there seem happy- both presently and for a long time in the past as well.

2010 will see me become a member of OOIDA... probably at the Louisville Ky Truck Show - or sooner. As I know they (and their members) can (and have already helped) help me make the best decisions in the transportation industry.

Thank you for the information.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
bbb,

Are you looking at Ace for pickup style flat bed work or driving the 'big' trucks?

I thought they required two years of flat bed work.

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
not sure yet... just got paperwork in the mail from them... haven't had a chance to open it yet. Pick-up work? Not sure. Maybe. But probably big truck work. we'll see.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Wow, Ace Doran Hauling and Rigging. There is a name I have not heard in a while. My dad was leased to them for a short time back in the late 1970's (If I remember). Mainly hauled wire coils and such.

After a bit, he bought his first 40' reefer and started hauling produce out of Fla. Never went back to the flatbed. Flatbed work, more often then not, is not fun in the wintertime in Ohio.:rolleyes: