Hotshot with mods driving to cali

Chain Hand Logistics

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hello all my name is tony im an owner operator from Edinburg texas great to be part of this forum. Ive been hotshotting with a 2017 f350 and 40ft flatbed gooseneck since oct 2018. I haven’t ventured into California and i would like to get yalls input on a doubt i have. I installed a cold air intake, dpf back exhaust and a bullydog programmer on dually. The question i have is if i get pulled over or hit a weigh station in California if i can be put out of service for having these mods installed they are carb complaint in every state except California. Anyone have experience with this yalls input would be greatly appreciated.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think you answered the question yourself. If you’ve never been to Cali then you don’t know that there are ag stations with scale houses at them and you must stop at them regardless. They are never closed as far as I know.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Your probably good on everything but the Programmer, If it has a STOCK setting and you can prove it restores all factory settings you might not have issue, but that depends on the guy standing there that day. Back exhaust doesnt affect state regulations on Exhaust, and a cold air intake should be no problem, Contact the manufacturer of the Programmer and ask about California use, theyll tell you.

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Get on one of the RV transporters fb groups and talk to them. Theirs guys running Cali everyday with the same set up as you are. Im not trying to run you off from here.