Hot spots & Places to avoid?

mx377

Rookie Expediter
I have been all over the forms, has anyone ever listed the places to avoid going to?

It would be nice to have a list that us newbies (& everone else for that matter)
could refer to.

If in this area - try Dh to this area type of thing....

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Each Company is different what is good for FedEx could be bad for Panther. You need to learn the areas that are good for the company you are leased on with.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Detroit, MI
Grand Rapids, MI
Rockford, IL
Milwaukee, WI
Indianapolis, IN
Fort Wayne, IN
Toledo, OH
Cleveland, OH
Cincinnati, OH
St Louis, MO
Atlanta, GA
Dallas, TX
Windsor,ON
Toronto, ON
Kitchener, ON
Chicago, IL
Buffalo, NY
New York City, NY
Boston, MA
Newark, NJ
Philadelphia, PA
Pittsburgh, PA
Harrisburg, PA
Charlotte, NC
Richmond, VA

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I once pulled into the Chicago area, checked in, and got 17 load offers in about 10 minutes.
I couldn't evaluate them fast enough.

It's good to feel wanted.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Here is best area to stay the busiest as a solo..... ( my opinion)

View attachment 8479

That is a good map. I personally would probably draw a line from the A in Alabama to Memphis to St. Louis to the M in Milwaukee and use that as my western border and others would probably disagree and change other parts in their own way. As said, you have to figure out what works best for your particular carrier as that definitely makes a difference. Good luck.

CintVan

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
Are these the hot spots or the places to avoid? LOL.....I'm in Cincinnati who do you drive for?

Driver2

Seasoned Expediter
I once pulled into the Chicago area, checked in, and got 17 load offers in about 10 minutes.
I couldn't evaluate them fast enough.

It's good to feel wanted.

Absolutely, as long as being "wanted" includes being expendable.

Casper0418

Rookie Expediter
My wife and I are looking at getting into this line of work too. We are in the DFW area. So are we going to have to move? :)

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
My wife and I are looking at getting into this line of work too. We are in the DFW area. So are we going to have to move? :)

Unless your going cargo van route, I don't see a point moving. We live in south Louisiana and it's not a good freight area but as little as most expediters go home it's not a big deal. Dfw is good for fedex custom critical surface division, not sure about anyone else.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Depends on how often you 'need' to go home, how much tolerance you have for deadhead [to & from], and whether you can live with getting there when the freight does.
DFW has always been ok for me. [Solo, straight truck]