Hot shotting questions

berchabar

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Is there anyone here that does exclusively hot shotting with a pickup and flatbed that I could pick their brain a bit?

Thanks

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is an expediting forum. We have or had one member that was a hotshot driver. He went by the screen name Brisco. I think he got excommunicated, castrated or disappeared. There are hotshot forums, do some research.

Reactions: ntimevan

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
I own a hotshot set-up. use a pj 36' with air ride it is for sale in the classified under hotshot trucks. yes it's a lot better than expedite cargo vanning. Better pay than the straights and less expense than the tractors or straights.my insurance runs less than 4k per year if you have a clean class A for the 100k cargo and 1 million liability and reasonable driving history. As far as companies to lease to your better off on your own if you have alll the above. But if your new and have limited experience I would go with Landstar. Not express america but landstar Inway leases on hotshots pay you 70% for truck and your own trailer. you can go to leasetolandstar.com and fill out an ap. If you have any questions that I have not mentioned you can pm me your cell and I will give you a call if you just want to shoot the sh or have regulatory questions I may be able to help.