Homeland Security Lady

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Nice lady, great education, but how do you get a job in security if you've never done any type of security work, police work, and things of that nature----- example, you can't be a truck driver without a CDL that shows you have completed the requirements to drive a big rig and such....

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nice lady, great education, but how do you get a job in security if you've never done any type of security work, police work, and things of that nature----- example, you can't be a truck driver without a CDL that shows you have completed the requirements to drive a big rig and such....
The same way we can have a Secretary of Education that has never been an educator.

Reactions: skyraider

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The same way we can have a Secretary of Education that has never been an educator.
Those that can't teach, DO!
Or something like that.

Is there anyone at the FMCSA who has been a truck driver? Based on the HoS rules and the 30 minute break, I gotta figure no.

Kirstjen Nielsen was a Bushie in the 43 administration and was not particularly a Trump supporter during the campaign. She served on the White House Homeland Security Council under Junior, worked as a consultant advising private companies and government officials on infrastructure and cybersecurity before joining the Trump administration as chief of staff to Kelly at DHS. She followed Kelly to the White House as his deputy in July 2017. So I think, by and large, she does have enough experience to be the administrator of the agency. But in her confirmation hearing she also said not only do government officials owe DACA recipients a permanent solution, but added “There is no need for a wall from sea to shining sea.” The fact that she was never an open supporter of Trump during the campaign hardly means she's a never-Trumper, though. But it would seem that she's not fully on board with Trump's agenda. In the past she semi-advocated for a more open border, saying that it should be easier to get visas and green cards for immigrants. The career people at DHS, especially the ones that have come on since Trump was elected, don't appear to like her very much and think he's not doing everything she can under existing law to implement the agenda. Based on some of her recent comments in congressional hearings (regarding the 2018 budget and other things), she seems a little wishy-washy on having a more hardlined approach to policies. Instead of issuing written memorandum to lay out what she wants done, she has a tendency to "make it know" to everyone what she wants. So I don't know if she can last the long haul or not.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
She is a nice lady, very pretty, blond, and ugh, yes, a very nice lady.....I wonder if she knows Betty Crocker??