Home Time

moose

Veteran Expediter
Hi ,
Well thats for sure an newbee question.
for the first time i have posted a hometyme requests , a week ago , and running out of time to get there !
where dose the carrier responsibility starts as to getting the driver home , when he HAVE to be there ?
can i ask panther for MT move , Do they have to pay my fuel to get there ?
im still more then a day away ,
my home is within the service area.
Moose.
Detroit

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Hi Moose,
You can request it, and dispatch will try to route you that way, but I don't think they have a "responsibility" to get you home. You are an independent contractor.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They will try to get you a load going that way but there's no mandate for them to send you home. Any loads not going that way don't count as refusals so you don't lose board position for turning one down, provided the dispatcher does their job correctly of course.

bludragon13

Seasoned Expediter
Request the mt but start moving toward home,you'll get offers going anywhere but home ,refuse and keep moving and you will get one headed in the direction home,about the time you decide to go os. Once had to get home to renew plates and we were in co started moving and got 2 offers to tx and finally took one to On which got us within 200 miles. Just seems to work that way. We go home when we are ready and usually end up with load that is within 200 miles. Last Nov 20th we took load to Fl,2 days before Thanksgiving we dropped and decided to dh home,got mt to Atlanta from pensecola ,fl but did not move went and got lunch,offer from tallahasse fl to grand rapids, mi while at lunch,pu was 3hr later,dropped and was home a day early .We always accepet mt and do what we think is best, they pay a portion of mt if you move that direction and get a load(mt at thanksgiving pd 20 bucks because we had moved toward it)

moose

Veteran Expediter
.We always accepet mt and do what we think is best, they pay a portion of mt if you move that direction and get a load(mt at thanksgiving pd 20 bucks because we had moved toward it)

Thanks.
Well ,it did not worked well this time , as i Hade to DH 440 mil. , all toward home (Minneapolis).
Hade to reject 11 loads along the way.(going anywhere, but Home)
being on the get hometyme for 9 days , to registered the truck .
and install an APU.
on the bright side :
APU : full financing ( first and last payment down , at 7.75%,39 months, for 9,600$ )
the way out was as bad , as i was sitting at home for another 2 days waiting for a load out.
will try that adventure again in about 6 weeks or so...
Moose.

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
i have a tendancy to use the home tyme board when i get tired of running in an area that way i can ligetimatly refuse an offer that takes me deeper into say the north east and it does not effect my acceptance rating. i have been home 2 times in six month well 3 if you count the time i stopped to have dinner with the parents when i delivered to cat the one time.