HINO PROBLEMS

Lucky2bhere

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
08 runs about a football field then decreases power. 087 checked for air in filter housing had bubbles fixed that still does it oh and when u start it runs perfectly at a idle. U rev it up to 2000rpm I'll lose power. Misses as soon as u give it pedal, changed injector pump pressure sensor relief valve wiggle wires ,pressure sensor changed it so cut wires, have three wire splinters rd in .still does it. Did injector test number 6 works for a little bit then cuts off, resetting key makes it work again any suggestions.. thanks did fuel can test also no difference

Lucky2bhere

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Found problem new relief valve bad assuming that is why number 6 injector was cutting out maybe lack of pressure getting to it will find out tomorrow. When I get new sensor.

Reactions: RoadTime

Lucky2bhere

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Put new limiter in still does same thing say p087 number 6 still cuts out above idle ? Would injector be causing this code an y would it work at idle an not at higher rpm? Don't get it. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
To confirm, have you run the engine on a fuel source tied directly into the injection pump? You need to rule out the fuel supply system.
With injector 6 cutting out, I'd remove the flow damper on that cylinder and disassemble it to check for debris. A spring in the injection pump sometimes breaks and the pieces will clog random flow dampers.