Hino FM1J 2002

AndyK

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
Hi all,
Have a Hino FM1J 2002 with trunnion mounted rear suspension. The "wishbone" that goes between the the two trunnions that the spring sets pivot on is flogged out. At this stage we have removed the trunnions complete with the "wishbone" shaft but have found that the trunnion brackets are locked solid on the wishbone. Does anyone know if these trunnion brackets are pressed onto the "wishbone" shaft?

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Could you post a few pictures of both the general layout of the rear suspension and the pieces in question? Hinos of that era in the US generally have a typical leaf spring suspension.

AndyK

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
Image of the trunnions & wishbone attached.

Attachments

• IMG_4061.JPG
    IMG_4061.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 13

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
That is totally unlike the trucks we have here. I can have some of the guys take a look at this picture tomorrow. It sure looks like it is pressed together, but I can tell you've been heating it with no luck.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
The best answer I can give you is 'I don't know'. It sure looks like it presses apart, but there were no twin rear axle Hinos sold in the US (that I'm aware of), and no one I know can say definitively.

Sorry, and good luck.

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
I'm not sure about this particular configuration but.... Mack used a "camelback" suspension similar to this one. It had two trunnions mounted to an " A frame" not unlike what you have shown above. I you needed to replace the "A frame" It came with the trunnion ends already mounted. If you were able to look in a parts manual you could see if different part numbers are offered. If there is only one part # that would indicate to me that it is sold as a complete assembly. Good luck.