Hino check engine light

Tony32

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Check engine light came on while driving the other day and losing power are there any common issue with the 2005 hino 145

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can you give more info? There can be any number of issues.
My first suspect for low power is start with minor issues..
Fuel filters, water traps, if you have a screen prefilter commonly called a rock catcher common on older
internationals, they load up with rust and crud, a cracked O-ring.
Fuel line issue plugged, collapsed, cracked or a small pinhole in the fuel line. I can go on for hours and pages.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Bobwolf is right. It can be a multitude of things. On Hino's 2008 and up you can get codes out of dash but not an 05.

Lube the Vnt linkage behind turbo with aerosol nickel anti seize after you change fuel filter. Also pull fittings out of fuel filter housing and look for debris. Common issue. The vnt controllers tend to fail. Hopefully that's not it. You'll need a new turbo if it is.

Tony32

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
The truck and motor shakes when In idle lying has very low pick up speed just had the injectors done not even 2000 miles ago

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
The truck and motor shakes when In idle lying has very low pick up speed just had the injectors done not even 2000 miles ago
Do you use a funnel to add oil? It's possible to damage the injector harness after a funnel-related stabbing on the 4 cylinder engines.

I fixed this exact same scenario yesterday on a 2015 COE.