Hino 700 issues

charleyb

New Recruit
Mechanic
Greetings friends and fellow techs of this wnderful group. Subject of interest is 2007 Hino Tipper Truck E13C engine. Driver report is that the truck would start one kick from cold and run fine for like 30 minutes less or more then nothing from the accel pedal and the truck would just shut down within seconds/minutes, sometimes with a check engine light and at times without. If attempt to start immediately after shut down he would only get a crank and no start. When rested (cooldown)for 15minutes sometimes longer, it would crank and start on first attempt and run smoothly and the cycle would continues. What he also notice is that the fuel return line to the tank is extremely hot whenever the truck shut downs, am pretty sure the return fuel should reach certain temp but am not sure of the actaul temp because i dont work on much 700 series Hino. Vin: JHEFYIEUK00010288. Active codes p0093(large leak) p1266(supply pump pumping fault). There is no physical leakes between the rail and pump, The previous mechanic (1)replaced the fuel tank with a alluminum one ,(2) sent pump to be tested and was given a green light and that was reinstalled, (3)rail pressure replaced (4)accelerator pedal position senor was replaced also. Am not planning to fire any parts cannon at this except for replacing the rail pressure limiter because parts are expensive just to try and we dont get alot of these trucks on a regular basis. If any member has any technical repair knowledge based on these symptoms i would gladly appreciate there input. Also if there is any available labscope waveform from a known good with injector current ramp and voltage etc. for this truck i would gladly try using my picoscope to locate troubled areas which i know is the best diagnostic approach, but getting a waveform from this truck and not knowing if its good or bad is like wasting time even using the tool. Be safe fellow memebers and admins and i welcome any suggestion.

Last edited:

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Unfortunately Hino doesn't give out much oscilloscope data, so I can't help you there. It definitely sounds like a low fuel pressure issue, and you've already checked the rail pressure limiter.

Reactions: charleyb

charleyb

New Recruit
Mechanic
Thanks for your input greasytshirt. I am still struggling with this truck. Do you have any known good data table i can compare my live data tables with ?

charleyb

New Recruit
Mechanic
Ok mates. Just a little update on the situation of the truck which i managed to get going for a little time because its now back at the shop with a low power, intermittent misfire and no codes. The owner is planning to throw out the engine and replace her with a cummins. But am confident her situation can be remedied. Am suspecting weak injectors because the engine breather is not emitting any unusual gas, when examined with dx2 the actual fuel rail pressure mirrored the desired.However the cylinder cut out test was not impressive cause the ecm was quick to respond and hence the results was not what i expected in relation to others like a cat in which you can cut multiple cylinders in groups and view injector volume corrections for individual cylinders. Maybe someone can give me a few tips to accomplish this if its possible in dx2.Thanks for reading