Hino 268 year 2012 water coolant out

narvaez99

New Recruit
Driver
Hi I have a hino 268 my problems is he pull out coolant the truck don't heating, but he pull out all water in the radiador I changed hoses the level sensor and he don't go better

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
It's on the right (passengers side) of the engine, towards the front, right under where the coolant hoses connect.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
In my experience, most of the problems with this sensor are caused by people, in one way or the other, or by shredded belts.

boxtruck5

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I just look and the belt is definitely half way gone , so replacing belt might take care of it ?

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
You're going to need a belt, and you need to inspect that sensor and see if the wiring or connector is damaged at all.

boxtruck5

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
10-4 appreciate! And one last question … I was in Chicago a few weeks back and with the wind chill it was like negative 20 degrees. So if I idle in one spot to long say like 5 to 10 minutes then the temp gauge would slowly start back creeping down to cold . Is this normal or you think this could be an underlying condition that got something to with the cooling temp sensor or the belt being shredded like that . I notice also that pulley/tensioner is rusty so maybe that cause the belt to shred also

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Ambient temps that low will pull a lot of heat out of the engine, so the gauge dropping isn't a surprise.