Highlighting stuff and responding

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I have tried to make heads and tails out of the instructions and so forth on how to take a paragraph from an OP, highlight it, then type my own reply to said statement from that OP. If one of you folks could lead me to the FAQ that shows me how that is done, I will give it a go. When one of you has time to do this will be much appreciated...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I have tried to make heads and tails out of the instructions and so forth on how to take a paragraph from an OP, highlight it, then type my own reply to said statement from that OP. If one of you folks could lead me to the FAQ that shows me how that is done, I will give it a go. When one of you has time to do this will be much appreciated...
skyraider,

If you are looking to quote a paragraph from an OP then copy and paste it into your reply and just make sure it is enclosed (surrounded by) with the beginning and ending "quote tags" (which are the software instructions for this board that to show it as a quote):

Beginning quote tag: <QUOTE=skyraider;660312> or <QUOTE>

Ending quote tag: </QUOTE>

In actual use, replace the < in above example with a [ and the > with a ]

I had to use < and > in the example rather than the actual characters [ and ] ... otherwise the software would see it as a command and actually disappear the tags themselves and show only a (empty) quote.

Then type your reply outside of the area that is enclosed by the above tags.

And remember: all use of formatting tags (bold, italic, quote, etc.) must have both a beginning (go) tag and an ending (stop) tag.

The ending tag is the essentially the same as the beginning tag, except that it has a forward slash (/) just prior to the tag itself. Examples of ending tags:

/BOLD

/QUOTE

etc.

Last edited: