Hey Drivers

Globetrotter

Rookie Expediter
I've been lurking for quite awhile thinking about getting about getting back into the business after 12 years running local throughout Ontario hauling construction equipment. I need something a little easier on my body and I miss the road so it's time to get serious. From what I've read on here it looks like a lot has changed since I was expediting but I think I have found the site to help me catch up. Thanks for all the useful information that you have provided so far. This is a lot different than all the other trucking sites I've been to, way more informative and a lot less BS.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Welcome to our forums! Good luck with your move back into expediting. This is the place to learn. Enjoy!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
A lot less BS ?

I'm glad I don't waste my time on other sites.

Actually it's a large small knit community with a pretty good regular cast.
It won't take you long to figure out who the oddballs are.
Less BS here now than a few years ago.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Do you know what you are going to drive ?
Own ?
Single or solo ?

Welcome aboard.
Subscribe to the free magazine.
Well worth the price.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I see that you're based in Ontario. The activity from our Ontario based expediters has waned the last few years. EO is pretty good mirror on the industry - so I have to think expediting in Ontario has diminished or changed the way it operates. Something to think about and ask about.

Globetrotter

Rookie Expediter
Thanks for the welcome guys. I have also noticed a lack of action on the Ontario side. I found EO.ca site but there's not much going on there. The company I used to drive for is long gone and I can't find any information about some other companies I remember so maybe they are gone too. I have noticed quite a few expedite trucks on the 401 lately and our auto industry is still pretty strong so I am hoping that the freight is still moving but maybe all the Canadians have just gone anti-social and aren't talking much. I live about 5 minutes from the Chrysler assembly plant in Brampton so I am hoping that can keep me busy and get me home fairly regularly.

Globetrotter

Rookie Expediter
If I do this it will almost definately be in a D unit. I have been driving trucks for almost 30 years and over 25 of that was in straights. I drove tractor-trailers for several years hauling equipment on Landolls and RGNs and never had any problems but I am a D-unit kind of guy I guess. That is where I like to be.

Globetrotter

Rookie Expediter
Zorry - thanks for the heads up about the magazine, I just signed up. I hope to buy a truck eventually but might try driving for somebody at first to get back into the swing of things. I know that there isn't as much work for solos as there is for teams but I will probably try it anyway. A truck cab isn't very big and I don't think I like anyone enough to spend all day every day in a truck with them.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Actually it's a large small knit community with a pretty good regular cast.

And the rest of us take medication.
slate1_product.png

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
I prefer two parts Geritol, one part Pepto Bismol, one shot jagermeister....if it dont kill ya it will make ya stronger, WELCOME ABOARD !!!

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
I've been lurking for quite awhile thinking about getting about getting back into the business after 12 years running local throughout Ontario hauling construction equipment. I need something a little easier on my body and I miss the road so it's time to get serious. From what I've read on here it looks like a lot has changed since I was expediting but I think I have found the site to help me catch up. Thanks for all the useful information that you have provided so far. This is a lot different than all the other trucking sites I've been to, way more informative and a lot less BS.

Thompson Emergency Services is still around for one. FedEx used to hire on Canadian Drivers,I don't know if they still do. I know for sure the number of loads coming out of Canada is not what it used to be. Good Luck.