Hey are there any FedEx CC C unit owners on EO?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I am looking for some info for a friend; she won’t post on any forum (she won’t even buy anything online).

She has access to a medium duty truck (19K GVW) that has a payload of 5K that qualifies for FedEx CC and seriously thinking of using it for expediting.

We are trying to figure out how much more a c unit would make than a b unit to justify using it.

Is it really worth the hassle?

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
RE: Hey are there any FedEx CC C unit owners on EO

Gregg I have sent you a PM on this as lately I seem to get into trouble. LOL

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard

Greg:

FedEx Custom Critical 2002-2004 average figures for non-white glove trucks are as follows:

B single / team: $41,971.70 / $56,002.46

C single / team: $60,625.84 / 102,504.94

Terry

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Here are the FECC spec`s for a C unit.

14' Weather-tight Cargo Box Vehicle Specifications

Vehicle Specifications
Unit must be able to legally scale 5,000-pound payload
Box floor must be dock high, 48-52" from the ground
Inside dimensions must be 90" wide x 92" high
Rear door opening must be minimum 88" high, 85" wide (roll up or swing doors are optional)
Safety support legs at the rear of the frame of the unit (minimum rating 25,000 pounds)
Legal sleeper between cab and box
Box must be white
Freight Securement

Two rows E-Trac (one at floor level, one at 36" above floor at each side)
Four E-Trac ratcheting straps
Two E-Trac shoring beams
Four four-foot pieces of 2x4
Hammer and nails
Vehicles must be no more than five years old from date of manufacture

greg334

Veteran Expediter

Thanks for the replies, they are very helpful but you are going to tell me that there are no FedEx CC C unit owners on EO, come on … that is improbable, right?

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

>Thanks for the replies, they are very helpful but you are
>going to tell me that there are no FedEx CC C unit owners on
>EO, come on … that is improbable, right?

Yes we "C"Owners are out here.We are the smallest group.This has allways mistified me.According to at least one recruiter C loads are the most requested size by shippers.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

For the 2002-2004 period, on average, a C unit solo made $358 per week more than a B and a C unit team made $894 per week more than a B unit team according to Fedex supplied average earnings. Some did better and some did worse than that of course but that's probably as good a forecast as anything. I would wonder how much would be left for a solo after the higher expenses of the C compared to the B but for a team it definitely suggests more in the pocket.

Leo Bricker, owner trucks 3034, 4958
OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator 1+ Years of Service
-----
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard

Well, if you want to play with numbers, here's some more.

The average of B / C teams and solos combined, for the same period as above, was $43,558 / $74,058.

B average availablity for dispatch was 86% and C average availability for dispatch was 78%. If availability is a realistic measure of earning potential and the C average was the same as the B average, then the C solo / team combined average earning would have been $81,653.

Terry

TeamDrivers2

Expert Expediter

Hiya greg334:

Oh yeah, there's certainly a few of us "C'ers" around. I converted from a "D" to a "C" going on close to year now. Only drove my "D" for a little over 3 months before bailing out.

So how well did we do as a team for the last 8 months ?? Enough to put one heck of a big down-payment on my '06 Century. And i've secured another couple to take over my current rig. Now i'll be a quasi "fleet owner" with two "C's"

Wouldn't for a second have made the additional committment if I wern't certain the kind of ROI wer'e experiencing. Its tough and you need to be running 25 outta 30 days, but i guarentee ya ain't gonna make more money, unless you drive "E"

If yer serious and got the drive to stay out when others are home pissin' and moanin' bout how sucky it is out here.....you'll out-earn every class of truck out there [ex-cluding the combos]