Hello..

blessedandblessed.ah

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hello everyone. I am new to the industry and looking forward to learning as much as possible. I just recently bought a sprinter van looking to get running. Just like to say thanks to everyone for your advice. Have any amazing day.

Reactions: ashley6561

ashley6561

New Recruit
Driver
Ok, so I am a bit new at this as well and yes I suppose I kind of put the cart before the horse as well. My plan was to drive for Amazon. I went out and purchased a 2017 Nissan NV 3500 High top. I however let someone convince me that this was a good idea. After I purchased it I then like a fool started speaking with many different Amazon drivers that told me unless you do it with a car you cannot make money. Ok, so I checked into a couple of trucking companies and I think I may have found the one I like but I need some advice on something. They are offering a $1.00 a mile but I need to know if this is good or not. They wanted me to carry A Million cargo insurance which is like a $1000 a month and my truck payment is 550 a month. So I am a bit worried that this is not real good. Please to any of you veteran van couriers, can you give me some solid advice here?

Reactions: ntimevan

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok, so I am a bit new at this as well and yes I suppose I kind of put the cart before the horse as well. My plan was to drive for Amazon. I went out and purchased a 2017 Nissan NV 3500 High top. I however let someone convince me that this was a good idea. After I purchased it I then like a fool started speaking with many different Amazon drivers that told me unless you do it with a car you cannot make money. Ok, so I checked into a couple of trucking companies and I think I may have found the one I like but I need some advice on something. They are offering a $1.00 a mile but I need to know if this is good or not. They wanted me to carry A Million cargo insurance which is like a $1000 a month and my truck payment is 550 a month. So I am a bit worried that this is not real good. Please to any of you veteran van couriers, can you give me some solid advice here?
Are you planning to run local (courier) work or over the road (otr) work? The answer is different for each one.