Hello Pot.....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
From the "comments" section...

We're talking about irresponsible journalism here . ..
What is offensive is that unsubstantiated third-person hearsay gossip passes as journalism these days.
No wonder the American public has such trouble deciphering truth from crap. ie. President Obama is a muslim, etc.
I agree. This is a reporter Blogging pure gossip. It's shameful. It's The View, it's Entertainment Tonight, it's pathetic.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
From the "comments" section...

I agree. This is a reporter Blogging pure gossip. It's shameful. It's The View, it's Entertainment Tonight, it's pathetic.

Reading the update at the bottom of the article, it would seem that Murdoch would be hesitant to make such a claim about a good friend were it not true so I'll withhold judgement and see if a retraction comes up somewhere in the near future.

I should have included the words "if true this would be the pot calling the kettle black"........we'll see.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well, even if true, it's still reporting third-hand information. The "update" is just someone trying to justify the reporting of gossip. Whether Bloomberg fails to deny it is irrelevant, and hardly a confirmation of truth if he doesn't, same as to whether or not there's a retraction. It's gossip all the same, true or not.

It probably is true, as most politicians are pretty dаmned arrogant to begin with, but that's not the point, and it's certainly not professional journalism, just as it's unprofessional for Murdoch to relay the contents of a conversation that he never heard.