Hello from the North!

1LOSTCDN

New Recruit
Researching
Hello from Canada!

I've been poking around on the forums for about a week now and figured I should sign up so I can introduce myself to everyone and give you a little info on my background.

I'm a 26 year old from the Greater Toronto Area in Ontario. My family has been involved with trucking for 3 generations now with both my grandfather and father owning successful Owner/operator businesses. Growing up I spent most of the summer with my dad trucking down the highways in his truck and got to see a lot of amazing things this continent has to offer.

When I got old enough to get my licence, my dad was just getting out of big rigs and into a smaller F-350 dually moving 5th wheel campers around North America. We eventually bought a second truck and I joined in on the business for a year until the economy went belly up in 2008 and we sold both of the trucks. That year was an amazing life experience for me. I basically lived out of the back seat of a pickup truck for weeks on end and loved every minute of it haha. I wanted to keep going and get my CDL A so I could get into an 18 wheeler, but the instability of the economy stopped me from doing that.

Years went by, moving from job to job just trying to live. Eventually got hired on as a parts driver/vehicle delivery driver for the local Audi dealership. Got to see some amazing cars there but in the end I still wanted more. Managed to get hired at a tree nursery driving a 5 ton crane truck, learned a lot about how to care for a commercial vehicle and all the maintenance that is required to keep that vehicle rolling mile after mile.

Jump forward to today and I have now booked my course to get my CDL B / DZ licence, and after I spend a lot more time reading all the wonderful information there is on here about how much I am going to hate being an expediter, (lol), I will be looking for a driving position in one of the fleets to gain experience and then take on Owner/operator status when the time is right.

I look forward to talking with all of you wonderful people and maybe even seeing you guys out on the road eventually!

Cheers!!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Welcome ......
Please reread the EO Warning Label .... OVM is a Canadian and now living with his Jersey wife in the suburbs of Bison , SD...... its a poke-fest at times in here when we are waiting for the Load call .....:p
No no no..you've got it wrong..I grew up in Bison...Moved to Maryland when I was 18 and then moved to Canada and now I'm home again...sheesh...you don't listen...lol

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No no no..you've got it wrong..I grew up in Bison...Moved to Maryland when I was 18 and then moved to Canada and now I'm home again...sheesh...you don't listen...lol
Where is Maryland?
Geez ..... lol my poking stick gotcha .... i knew you grew up in the Bison burbs ... just can't get the Jersey idea ... you must have had a Flowered up VW van and went Exploring the Big City life in the 60's ..... :p

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Where is Maryland?
East of you...lol

Ah! Maryland - Ontario........ Same place..... Got ya!

mapoverall.jpg