Hello! from far, far away!

dolphin

Seasoned Expediter
Hello! Been living in Europe last 7 years and really miss being on the road. I ran a family import/export business and did trade shows(ceramic industry) for 18 years from 1986-2004. Ran e350 vans and e350 box trucks(over 800K) all across the country, and now am on an island that is 12 miles long.(lol) Sold the business in 2004.

Ive been reading your forums to learn about the Expedite industry and really enjoy hearing all the talk about locations that I been to and basic truck talk. It helps keep me from going crazy down here. Buy the way I currently own a small PC/Networking shop. I hate it! lol I am considering moving back home to Youngstown ,Oh and running CV/Sprinter to get back on the road.

dolphin

Seasoned Expediter
I'm on the island of Kalymnos. Its real popular with the rock climbers all over the world. Its really a very beautiful island, very peaceful , but not so great for work. There about 9,000 people here from a high of 20,0000 10 yrs ago.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm as jealous of your place [Greece!] as my family is of mine, and for the same reason: the scenery is awesome.
Welcome! Got photos? :)

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Kalymnos?

Really?

Part of my brother-in-law's family is from there.

It's close to Turkey, right?

Oh the blue Aegean sea ...

I know one thing that comes from the island - sponges. I have some of those sponges that I got as a gift.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Dolphin: it beats every motel I've ever seen, and I just bumped Greece a few places up on the bucket list. Thanks for sharing, and post more when you can - it's gorgeous!

dolphin

Seasoned Expediter
Kalymnos?

Really?

Part of my brother-in-law's family is from there.

It's close to Turkey, right?

Oh the blue Aegean sea ...

I know one thing that comes from the island - sponges. I have some of those sponges that I got as a gift.

Yes, That is the island. The sponge divers island. If you have ever been to Tarpon Springs, FL it is mostly people from Kalymnos. We are right across from Turkey in the Southeast corner of Greece.