Heck with Park N View, get a dish

G

We like the idea of Park N View, but got sick of trying to find a working one, climbing in and out of the truck to fiddle with the connections, having it turn off in the middle of a program... Since we've had a dish at home for 3 yrs, we finally got one for the truck. We tried the one that mounts on your mirror, what a pain it could be! We bought the crank up kind by Winegard from Camping World. It's mounted on the cab roof and now all we have to do is crank it up and rotate it to get the signal. It's worked great so far. The only problem? We had been taking the 2nd receiver from our house every time we left and hooking it up in the truck. It's a basic model with no buttons on it. Last time out, we forgot the remote! Couldn't even turn it on. Gotta go, Fed Ex is here with my new receiver and remote!

G

Hey...but with Park and View you get to surf the net......cant do that with a Dish. 10-fer?

The X

G

What is Park n View? I am interested in learning about connecting to the Web. How does it work?

G

Park and view is a cable tv, phone and internet service all in one. its about 30 bucks a month. You use at Truck Stop that have the service.

THE X

G

With direct tv you can get a webtv package with and you can surf the web as well!

Chuck

G

I tried using web TV once. I think I would have had more luck and enjoyment if I would have tried using some bailing wire, an etch a sketch and a battery! I'll give up PnV when you can use a connect a puter to the dish.

G

Just to give you an idea of what can be had right now, think about this. A wireless phone, connected to a satellite system, and a laptop computer, now you really have " freedom to surf " from any location, without the need for a landline connection. This type of setup is called " wireless internet" and is on the scene now, and I think it will become the waay to go very soon. Jim Bunting Field Editor.

G

park and view is nice, but can be a hassle. If you drive a B van some places won't let you in by the big trucks to use it. Some big truck drivers don't appreciate you taking up a space although I try to be courteous and park in with a bobtail....I use the 5 dollar card as I don't get full value from the 30 per month. You can use the $5 card as long as you purchased the original membership and it is good for 24 hours, not a bad deal I think....