Heads Up about another company.... "Expediting Online"

HighwayRover

Seasoned Expediter
My wife came across this outfit's site (Expediting Online) and I called to look into it. At first I though it was an affiliate site of this site; Expediters Online, but now I'm wondering if they're just trying to ride on this forum's success. I'm not sure who these people are but if their recruiter is their best representative, they're not much of a company.

Are these people part of this site's enterprise?

Darmstadter

Veteran Expediter
The phone # listed on that website (260-483-1800) is the same # that is listed on the FMCSA website for All Types Expediting. I seem to recall some other threads on here about that company.

Darmstadter

Veteran Expediter
There is another website - expeditersnetwork.com that appears to also be the same folks.
If you scroll down it references "Expediters Online Forum"

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Please please please, if you find out that All Types is involved at all, run the other way.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Please please please, if you find out that All Types is involved at all, run the other way.

All Types has a bad image but the reality is that they have provided plenty of important experience for many people in this industry. Their former drivers have gained valuable experience in how to handle not being paid, how to file taxes after you don't get paid, filing a lawsuit, and finally experience in realizing that no one cares and that they won't get their money.

RoadHouse

Active Expediter
How many drivers have actually sued Al Types. I doubt many have. If so, they wouldn't be in business. The main reason why they continue to get away with this is because drivers do not sue them!

RoadHouse

Active Expediter
I have a friend who quit them and they still owe the guy over five thousand dollars. He just walked away and wrote it off as a loss. Drivers aren't really that bright when it comes to getting their money from these deadbeat carriers. Some drivers have been ripped off multiple times and still get ripped off. The contract is really meaningless if you get ripped off. I wish the FMCSA would require all carriers to have a hundred thousand dollar bond for drivers to file one. There needs to be an easier way for drivers to get their money from these deadbeat carriers other than small claims court. I hope we can lobby congress for more regulation of carriers.

RoadHouse

Active Expediter
Now for those who are owed money from All Types - you can get your money. All Types has ben around a long time, and they're not going anywhere soon. Once you file and win a judgment in small claims court, you can have the Sheriff collect your money for you. The Sheriff can either go into their bank account and retrieve your money, or they can collect all of their incoming mail, seize any checks they have from other carriers paying them for their services, and the Sheriff can make those checks payable to you personally. The Sheriff can also collect checks that are going to their factoring company (that is if they are factoring their loads) and make those checks payable to you as well. Even though the factoring company might have already paid the carrier, you can still collect incoming checks that are going to the factoring company for payment. Once a company has judgments on it, their factoring company will drop them like a hot potato. I know it's not easy, but you can get your money with a little presist ance. Now this does not work if they company closes it's doors and disconnects their phone number, but it will work on a habitual offender like All Types!

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Now for those who are owed money from All Types - you can get your money. All Types has ben around a long time, and they're not going anywhere soon. Once you file and win a judgment in small claims court, you can have the Sheriff collect your money for you. The Sheriff can either go into their bank account and retrieve your money, or they can collect all of their incoming mail, seize any checks they have from other carriers paying them for their services, and the Sheriff can make those checks payable to you personally. The Sheriff can also collect checks that are going to their factoring company (that is if they are factoring their loads) and make those checks payable to you as well. Even though the factoring company might have already paid the carrier, you can still collect incoming checks that are going to the factoring company for payment. Once a company has judgments on it, their factoring company will drop them like a hot potato. I know it's not easy, but you can get your money with a little presist ance. Now this does not work if they company closes it's doors and disconnects their phone number, but it will work on a habitual offender like All Types!

where and when did the sheriff become bill collectors ? the courts can demand payments and place accounts into collection, liens etc, i doubt a sheriff will knock on a door and demand payments! you need a court order to seize anything, from an account, in fact even a repo, has to have some legal court action, and police notification, or its theft

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Re: Heads Up about another company.... "Expediting Online"

where and when did the sheriff become bill collectors ? the courts can demand payments and place accounts into collection, liens etc, i doubt a sheriff will knock on a door and demand payments! you need a court order to seize anything, from an account, in fact even a repo, has to have some legal court action, and police notification, or its theft

The sheriff can act as a collector for small claims court judgements.

This case of the sheriffs helping collect a judgement was in the news awhile ago. http://business.time.com/2011/06/0...on-bank-of-america-yes-you-heard-that-right/

Last edited: