Have CDL B but need endorsement

Marshall Banana

New Recruit
Researching
I need a truck for the driving part of my air brake endorsement, but all I'm finding are whole programs for people with no experience at all, and most of them are class A only. Actually I did find one place that would have worked, but they're booked until late August and I want to get this done. I've been driving 26000 pound trucks with air brakes for over a year, I know I can pass if I can just find a truck. I've tried Google and Craigslist, and I don't know anyone I could ask, but where have I not thought to look?

I'm in the St. Louis area, if it matters.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Put signs up at local truck or fuel stops.
Maybe somebody on layover could use an easy $100.
Or hire a truck & driver for awhile. Let’s face it, you need to meet the truck at the test facility.
You can’t drive it there yourself.

Marshall Banana

New Recruit
Researching
How about the trucks you’ve been driving?
They're class 7, no CDL required.
Or hire a truck & driver for awhile. Let’s face it, you need to meet the truck at the test facility.
Now there's an idea. I'd been fixated on just the truck, hadn't thought to call a mover.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How about the trucks you’ve been driving?
They're class 7, no CDL required.
Now there's an idea. I'd been fixated on just the truck, hadn't thought to call a mover.
More proof.... EO works...

Reactions: TeamPaul and Turtle

Marshall Banana

New Recruit
Researching
It wasn't a bad idea, but it's not working out so far. I can't find any fuel stations that allow flyers or have a bulletin board, and all the movers I called had no interest whatsoever, probably liability concerns. I'm tempted to just buy my own truck and be done with it, that was always the endgame anyway, but that'd probably be a little rash at this point.

C&J

Active Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Did I read your post correctly? Have you been driving a truck with airbrakes without an endorsement?

Can we do that with a <26k truck?? I didn't know that.

A truck Driving school that is State approved will have the truck and examiner. In my neck of the woods, TrainCo does testing..... I think they charge $160.

Your state DOT will have a list of approved testing schools.

TrainCo ( as an example ) has a CDLB with air brakes course as well, if you need that.... 10 or 12 hours long, than testing next day. You'll need your CPL and Physical.

Reactions: TeamPaul

Ryan M Forbes

New Recruit
Researching
As a school district trainer for 9 years I would say go to a school district sign up to drive they will give you a school bus and training for free to go take your test. The right thing to do would be stay on for a while and then move on.

Reactions: Turtle and RoadTime