Has it back fired?

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
The thread for Load 1 has gone from a good informative thread to a thread full of idiotic comments. Some posters that are trying to keep the thread on the first page and in the limelight have been reduced to talking about pickles and cheesecake. Why not just type 'Bump to the top' every couple of hours?

Some talked about how unprofessional it was when an operations manager posted youtube links in a different thread, I agree that the L1 thread started out great but now how is that thread much different? Granted it was not the Operations Manger posting stupid stuff but.... Should the President of the company tried a little harder to keep the thread on track so that it could have remained informative.

The president of the company has 120 posts
Ontario Van Man has 70 posts
JuJu has 27 posts
217 posts by three people in a thread of 602 posts.

Or should I just get a life?

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Should the President of the company tried a little harder to keep the thread on track so that it could have remained informative.

If this is a Q I may not have the answer ya are looking for but my thoughts would be........
Why would he. Its not his web site (or at least I dont hink he is involed) Let em post away and have fun,,,who cares,, its the internet here and beside most work related info is there or some posts will tell ya where to call for more info you may need..

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
The thread for Load 1 has gone from a good informative thread to a thread full of idiotic comments. Some posters that are trying to keep the thread on the first page and in the limelight have been reduced to talking about pickles and cheesecake. Why not just type 'Bump to the top' every couple of hours?

Some talked about how unprofessional it was when an operations manager posted youtube links in a different thread, I agree that the L1 thread started out great but now how is that thread much different? Granted it was not the Operations Manger posting stupid stuff but.... Should the President of the company tried a little harder to keep the thread on track so that it could have remained informative.

The president of the company has 120 posts
Ontario Van Man has 70 posts
JuJu has 27 posts
217 posts by three people in a thread of 602 posts.

Or should I just get a life?

Yep...you should just get a life...or maybe a trip...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Jaminjim wrote:

Should the President of the company tried a little harder to keep the thread on track so that it could have remained informative.

Well as was pointed out, its not the mans website and next is the fact that the President of Load 1 DIDN'T even start the thread...the one that started it doesn't even contract with load 1...so for John Elliott to try and "control" the "track" of a thread he didn't start, well that would probably raise other issues for some....:rolleyes:

PS: if it has, just who has the thread "back fired" on? I mean, John and no one with Load 1 started the thread...so it couldn't 'backfire' on them....

Last edited:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Seems someone needs a slice of cheesecake and a jar of pickles.....

Last edited:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
My gawd what a legacy...I'll be forever known as the pickle poster...you guys are just too funny!!:D

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
My gawd what a legacy...I'll be forever known as the pickle poster...you guys are just too funny!!:D

Heres what I know bout you..
Driver turned gardener,turned Painter,turned tile restoration, And now your dabbling in Pickles..
You need to slow down and put some of that work onto OVM. I suggest he takes you on a nice expensive vacation

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Driver turned gardener,turned Painter,turned tile restoration, And now your dabbling in Pickles..
You need to slow down and put some of that work onto OVM. I suggest he takes you on a nice expensive vacation

He did just that...put me to work for a month...did ya miss me? *LOL*

and you forgot my holiday baking....

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
If this is a Q I may not have the answer ya are looking for but my thoughts would be........
Why would he. Its not his web site (or at least I dont hink he is involed) Let em post away and have fun,,,who cares,, its the internet here and beside most work related info is there or some posts will tell ya where to call for more info you may need..
I was not really looking for a particular answer just some input. I would think that the President of the company would like to see his message get out, without all the chatter. He did a great job answering peoples questions and seems to be open to discussing his companies policies and goals.
As far as "post away and have fun" I don't know if I would agree, It buries the info in between a bunch of chat.
Jaminjim wrote:

Well as was pointed out, its not the mans website
I'm thinking as an ex Drill Sergeant he has the knowledge and experience to help guide the conversation so that the Companies message is clear, concise, and easily accessible.
and next is the fact that the President of Load 1 DIDN'T even start the thread
So? ...
the one that started it doesn't even contract with load 1
I'm guessing thats why the OP started with "lets get the info on them.looks like alot of people jumping on this boat!"
..so for John Elliott to try and "control" the "track" of a thread he didn't start,
Never used the word control, I said try to keep it on track, keep it informative, engaging rather than HUNDREDS of posts about Shorts Cheesecake and Pickles
well that would probably raise other issues for some....:rolleyes:
:rolleyes: <<<<<<<<sarcastic

PS: if it has, just who has the thread "back fired" on? I mean, John and no one with Load 1 started the thread...so it couldn't 'backfire' on them....
By burying great, useful information inside a chat room, so the bump to the top posts have buried the message.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter

Yeah, Like maybe a 2 week Cruise in the Carribean:D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Again, its not Johns Thread to guide anywhere...If that is what he desires to do within the a thread, yes it should be in the Load 1 thread in the carriers section..that being said, he can try to do what you say here within this thread, but he certainly can not tell others what to post and how to post...

We can all think whatever we want about the direction a thread takes, but none of us have the ability to make sure it goes a certain direction and stays there...And the fact that the OP asked for info, I am pretty sure that the message on the comonay has gotten out...just look at the number of people from this forum that have more then a few yrs in this business that have left carriers that they been with for more then a few yrs and went to work at Load 1...that alone speaks to just how the info about this company has gotten out and been shared...

Then if you want to go in another level, the thread while being informative has also taken on a "entertaining" aspect with O/O's and drivers from the company and their friends
simply "bantering'....opps thats suppose to be in another thread isn't it...LOL, that thread is certainly over following with post.....

As for posting away and burying Johns responses, of well, he answered questiones amoung the rest of the post...

One thing that I think is missing here is the fact that John isn't recruiting here...he isn't even coming here to promote or to be informative about his company in this thread..he hasn't come here to offer info on the company, He simply answered questions when asked, he is not here to promote himself or his company...he is just another member that is the owner of his business (as alot of us are) and is open to answering questions...I haven't looked , but has anyone seen a thread about LOAD 1 that could be seen as "promoting" Load 1 that was started by John?? Yea he has started threads and shared info he has gained while at meetings about the Industry, but not about his own company (as far as i can remember) so I don't think he is trying to 'get out' info on Load 1 here anyhow, he is just posting to interact with the members here and those that contract with him...if anything, your questioning how he is interacting on this thread could have the affect of him even questioning why he bothers since it seems he is being
criticized for not taking a role in "guiding" the direction of the thread that is about his company goes....

I don't know, but to me the this thread seems trivial at its best...

As to "bump to the top posts" of thread, lol you think that is what John or anyone else deliberate doing!?!?

And again since the thread wasn't started my John, and the info he posted is just answers to questiones asked and it wasn't his intent to "guide" or push (my word) info about his company in the 1st place, if that info gets buried, thats the way if goes, its just part of the thread....nothing more or nothing less...

So if you think that the info is buried and no one will or is notice it since it is "buried', I guess one would have to say it has had no bearing on members here on EO leaving the carriers they have been leased to and going to load 1.....

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
A quick response first.

I am in no way shape or form criticizing the owner of Load One. You will not find one thing that I have said that would be close to a complaint about him or his company, period. I have said just the opposite. I have not said nor will I say that he came here searching for a free ride. HeII he is a paid advertiser. He is not like some here in the past that tried to get free advertising. I have said that it was refreshing to see the President of a Carrier be on the site.

In short it's about the Chat room mentality taking over half the interesting threads.

And yes I also think some people were bumping it to the top.

Last edited:

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
If it were in the carrier only forum...others could not question us or John about certain issues within the thread...John puts it out there as we do..and answer what questions he/us can...there is no cover up..

John has put some integrity back into expediting...kind of a wart remover..*lol*.....

Who wants to go thru 600 ++ responses to get the 30 meaningful ones.

Chat Kills

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Jaminjim wrote:

I am in no way shape or form criticizing the owner of Load One.

I'm thinking as an ex Drill Sergeant he has the knowledge and experience to help guide the conversation so that the Companies message is clear, concise, and easily accessible.

Maybe "criticize" was the was the wrong word, but the 2 above quotes sure look like a "critic" of how or what John should be doing within a thread he is only answering question that were asked of him....

Some posters that are trying to keep the thread on the first page

LOL, maybe its just me, but that i find funny....:D

And as to the big red "chat kills" , do you think that or this thread is going to changa a thing?? I mean we had the big "row" about "banter" in the "monthly location threads" to the point that a a seperate thread was started for "no banter locations" and have you paid attention to the # of post in that thread???

As I said, no one will or is going to control the direction a thread takes, its just how it is, and I am pretty sure there is nothing malicious to it as to "post counts" or "keeping a thread on the front page".....

And why was this thread moved???

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Wow, off the site for 24 hours and my ears should have been burning! LOL.

I see what Jim is saying. If you were looking for specific info on the company you would have to do a lot of reading to get to it. I guess the thread kind of took a life of it's own so to speak. I think to some extent it tells someone more about our company in a real and informal manner than some advertisement.

I can honestly say keeping it on top or any of that wasn't really something that I thought about. With a couple of hundred units and our brokerages, I am a tad busier than all that.

I have posted on this site for well over a year and enjoyed it. If you read all my posts you will find a lot of positive comments about other carriers that are in some sense competitors. I am not one to bash anyone. If I have something bad to say...I keep it to myself, If I have something constructive to say, I try and share that.

I have no issue if EO closes the thread. Am I pretty proud of it, yes I am.