Has anyone ever delivered for Best Price Caskets?

zanico

Expert Expediter
This company had an add on Craigslist for someone to deliver empty caskets from the local airport to funeral homes in the area. It was part time and seems perfect for my situation. I was trying to do some research to see if they were on the up and up. Craigslist adds make me kind of nervous. By chance, has anyone on here ever worked for them. From what I can find, they are out of Dallas. Did a google search but can't find any info on the delivery aspect of this company. Thanks as always for your help.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
They're a casket company that sells caskets for next-day or two-day delivery, so they'll ship them air cargo, you'd pick them up at the airport, and deliver them to the funeral home.

Frequently Asked Questions
1) How quickly can you get a casket to me? We can usually get a casket to you in 6-8 hours by airplane. We use 8 major airlines leaving out of DFW Airport (Dallas, Texas) to deliver it to an airport near you and then we get a hot-shot courier to pick it up from the airport and drop it off directly to the funeral home of your choice. DFW Airport has direct flights to over 160 USA airports.

Their sample pricing schedule as shown on Craigslist seems a little low to me. I'd offer up $50 plus $1 a mile with a $100 minimum.

The average funeral home only does about one funeral a week, so unless you live in a very populated area with a lot of funeral homes, and a lot of people are buying caskets online (which is THE way to get your casket, BTW), then you won't get rich delivering these things. But it might be a way to pick up some extra money (assuming you actually like going to Air Cargo at the airport).

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I picked one up few years ago out of NC going to NJ was for a very large person. .it just barely fit in my cv...no where to sleep that night. ..should have climbed in and went to sleep. ..but I didnt..

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm trying to imagine going to air cargo to pick up a casket, and having to wait TWO HOURS while the crew there searches for the thing.

On second thought-- this van is already haunted enough. How about "no"?

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I deal with them now out of Chicago. Have been dealing with them since January. PM for more information. The good and the bad.

ExpressCasketLLC

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
It's much more common these days as consumers try to avoid paying funeral home pricing which can be as much as 3x more then what it would cost to just buy the casket yourself. There are a few vendors online offering air shipping to consumers across the country. Express Casket LLC and yes Bestprice Caskets are a few of them.