HAS ANYBODY HEARD?

irishkearns

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Can anyone tell me if they've heard of "Diamond Delivery Service" out of Fort Wayne, and if they have a good reputation? My husband and I are looking for a new company to drive for since we have been soooooo slow since Christmas. Diamond told us they can keep us busy with 2500 miles per week!!! Or more, if we want. I just hope they're not just telling us that to recruit us and then we end up just as slow as our present company. Any feedback??? Thanks

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
I am from Fort Wayne. Where they are based. They have grown leaps and bounds in the last year or two. I hear they are a good outfit. The only thing I have heard is that you are paid to go both ways. (example: You get a load from Fort Wayne to Denver. It pays the truck $1.50 a mile, but you get .75 cpm to go to Denver and .75 cpm to return to Fort Wayne.) So in the 2500 miles you are being paid like you drove 1250 miles.

That is what I heard from a former employee, I would call them just to find out for sure.

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
Yes, at the time all they had were company trucks. And she said the truck was in very bad repair and they wouldn't fix it. And they wanted to run illegal and she didn't want to. (That is what she told me so it is heresay, so I don't know if it is true or not.)

irishkearns

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
ok, thanks. But I was just thinking again about your first message.....you said that for driving 2500 miles, its like you get paid for 1250 miles cause instead of $1.50 per mile, you get .75 per mile going and .75 coming back. Well, when I multiply $1.50 by 1250 miles, I get $1,875 dollars.....that's not bad in my book for one trip...I'll take that run every day!!!!!

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
LOL! That is what I said too. My codriver doesn't agree. I figure I have been running at nearly 50% deadhead with Landstar for a while now and never receive any compensation. And the reason they want you to come back is they have a lot of freight coming out of Fort Wayne, so it makes sense to me. I have also heard through the grapevine that they will let you trip lease back if you can find something headed toward Indiana.

irishkearns

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Well, my husband has joined Diamond as of yesterday....I'm gonna wait to see how it goes, let him be the guinea pig. He got his first run today, just a short haul to Sterling Heights. They said they have a lot of stuff coming out of Holland and Three Rivers. If they can keep my husband as busy as they say, then I'll probably join too. I've been very happy with my present company, but for some reason, they've slowed way down; I don't know if it's because their prices are too high, and these other companies have come in and taken customers away, or if they hired too many drivers last fall. I know they haven't increased their customer base at all. When my husband went down to Fort Wayne and spoke with Diamond, he said they seemed real professional and he's really excited.... I'll let you know what happens Wild Bill!!! See ya, Maureen