Hard to believe..coins

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
I got a storage shed be willing to put another lock on it and let them store some here.:D

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
The us government has been screwed up when it comes to coins for a long time.Take the nickel,it has more copper in it then the penny does.Both the penny and the nickel cost more to make then the fed sells them for there by losing money on every one they make.I have a whole bucket full of pre 1982 pennys that are 75% copper There is a ban on melting pennys and nickels in place since 2006.All other coins are fair game.

So is this story hard to belive nope not at all.And again I got a shed they can use to store them in.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well the solution is ...

cut back the treasury's employees who have something to do with the engraving and production of coins while at the same time stop treating coin collecting as a cash cow for the government - problem solved.

What I am wondering about is how can the US government put a value on a coin that has a face value of say five bucks?

zack100

Active Expediter
After viewing the entire video……… amazing. The solution is a line I see here on EO once in awhile …….. “no need to complicate the simple”.

We see billions of coins being made until 2016, at a cost in excess of their value, which cannot be sold thus creating the enormous expense of transportation and storage. No one disagrees this is a ridiculous waste of money – including one of the congressmen which helped pass the bill which placed this chain of events into action!!!!

Everyone agrees on the simple solution – STOP. Since the government chooses to continue this costly waste, I propose to provide for each member of congress somewhat like our lobbyists do. We take Congress to a yacht on the Potomac, line their pockets with bags and bags of those coins and allow them a choice. Attempt “business as usual” (walking on water) OR save yourself AND our economy.