Happy Birthday from Lawrence

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Happy Birthday, Rags! :)

A few months ago (April) the author of the Birthday Thread addon module changed how it gets configured. Instead of configuring it from within the forum software (as a Cron Entry), it is now configured with a server-level command (as a Cron Job). I have access to to forum software control panel to configure these things, but I do not have access to the server's control panel. Maybe JoshM can figure it out.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Happy Birthday, Rags! :)

A few months ago (April) the author of the Birthday Thread addon module changed how it gets configured. Instead of configuring it from within the forum software (as a Cron Entry), it is now configured with a server-level command (as a Cron Job). I have access to to forum software control panel to configure these things, but I do not have access to the server's control panel. Maybe JoshM can figure it out.
Thanks, I feel better..... however, once it's fixed, I can't yank Lawrence chain...lol

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Thanks, I feel better..... however, once it's fixed, I can't yank Lawrence chain...lol
Other than the Cron Job, everything is configured in the settings to make things automatic, including who the thread starter is. I just wanted to make sure that people didn't think Lawrence just decided to start ignoring or dissing people with birthdays, since he didn't even know when he was posting them anyway, and certainly didn't know when he stopped posting them. It's all automated. Except it's broke.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Quit yer whinin. Go eat cake. Lots of cake. Moeller's Bakery cake. Best cake in the history of baking. Oh, alright, fine. Happy birthday. There. Do you feel sufficiently picked on?

Reactions: Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Quit yer whinin. Go eat cake. Lots of cake. Moeller's Bakery cake. Best cake in the history of baking. Oh, alright, fine. Happy birthday. There. Do you feel sufficiently picked on?
Thanks leo.... I was just thinking about you..... I gonna hijack my own thread for just a moment..... what's the situation in Houston? The news here makes it seem like armigeton.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is pretty bad, maybe the worst ever in Houston. Some places are over 2 feet of water so far with another foot or two forecast over the next 48 hours. We are probably around 10-12 inches. The water is over the sidewalk and several feet up the yard. We have a slight slope to the yard so the water would have to go up several more inches to even possibly reach the house. We are about 2/3 mile from the creek. The first 1/3 mile or so is flooded and evacuating/ed. By the time this storm is finished it will be about a year's worth of rain in 4 days for some areas. Not too fun. Not recommended.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is pretty bad, maybe the worst ever in Houston. Some places are over 2 feet of water so far with another foot or two forecast over the next 48 hours. We are probably around 10-12 inches. The water is over the sidewalk and several feet up the yard. We have a slight slope to the yard so the water would have to go up several more inches to even possibly reach the house. We are about 2/3 mile from the creek. The first 1/3 mile or so is flooded and evacuating/ed. By the time this storm is finished it will be about a year's worth of rain in 4 days for some areas. Not too fun. Not recommended.
Be safe......You're in our prayers.