Hampton roads snow storm coming

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
In Hampton Roads , area of Va , there is a big snow storm coming to this area, they only plow main roads
side street are not plowed
people here do not know how to drive in snow, or dry roads
there saying 6" to 10" or more of snow coming after midnight 01/07/17
so park early and be safe

Reactions: brokcanadian

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Last night I rode up from ATL thru Chattanooga on the way home. The pucker factor was high. Icy slick roads just north of 285 up to Cartersville then marginally better grip in snowy mix on the road up to Dalton. Passed one overturned semi and a handful of spun out cars. It was late and the trucks were behaving well didn't see any cowboys aside from the overturned truck above Dalton - who knows how that happened. The few cars that were out were behaving well too which is shocking on that stretch of 75.

Reactions: Hummer53

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In Hampton Roads , area of Va , there is a big snow storm coming to this area, they only plow main roads
side street are not plowed
people here do not know how to drive in snow, or dry roads
there saying 6" to 10" or more of snow coming after midnight 01/07/17
so park early and be safe
Geo give us an update on weather conditions in your area.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Last night I rode up from ATL thru Chattanooga on the way home. The pucker factor was high. Icy slick roads just north of 285 up to Cartersville then marginally better grip in snowy mix on the road up to Dalton. Passed one overturned semi and a handful of spun out cars. It was late and the trucks were behaving well didn't see any cowboys aside from the overturned truck above Dalton - who knows how that happened. The few cars that were out were behaving well too which is shocking on that stretch of 75.
Dallas overpasses and underpasses were like a skating rink last night...and unreal very few accidents...everyone also was behaving...

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
still snowing here clean out the van and car only, still have clean them off
all roads state of Vdot stay in house read a book, watch movie on tv, but stay off the road in hampton roads va
some over pass are closed and couple of bridges in va bch are closed to

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maybe there will be some supply chain disruptions and some of you guys can benefit. I'm done for a couple of weeks. Let it snow!

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
looks like we got about 14' of snow here, stopped a bit for now, tomorrow we finish digging out the car and van
there over pass close here in newport news and hampton still

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
looks like we got about 14' of snow here, stopped a bit for now, tomorrow we finish digging out the car and van
there over pass close here in newport news and hampton still
I'm impressed... bet yours is melted before mine!

Reactions: Moot

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thursday morning I ran a load from Indy to Huntsville. There was light snow on I-65 from Indy to just south of Louisville. Several accidents on both north and southbound sides. Most at or just beyond bridges. All 4 wheelers except one. This was one was a bit weird. There was a recumbent exercise machine on the shoulder, facing the wrong way. I don't know if it spun out, fell off a vehicle or dropped from the sky. By the time I saw it and with the slippery conditions, I couldn't get a photo.

If you are traveling through South Carolina, the SCDOT has activated their snowplow and should have roads cleared by April or sooner, depending on the weather.
SCDOT Snowplow.jpg
Photo courtesy of Packmule. Former E.O. member and former employee of the State of South Carolina.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
that is so cute, we got 14" of snow cleared car off and now going out in a bit to clean off the van

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We got 5 1/2 inches at the house in blairsville ga an it was all fine until the ice started the county road depot messed alot of roads up an made them worse our taxes dollars great at work

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
tomorrow will be almost 50 and friday 60 in hampton roads