Had to get it towed

epoxyman

Seasoned Expediter
Hi guys
My 2014 Hino went into limp mode a few days ago and had it towed to the dealership
It’s got around 65,000 miles on it

I got this email this morning

The latest update on the Hino

continued diagnostics on this unit and found the DEF doser has failed. We are working on an estimate to address this issue and have also ordered the parts for the open recall. We will send the estimate once it is completed.

It says a open recall ? And what is a DEF doser

thanks Ron

epoxyman

Seasoned Expediter
Here’s a update any help would be appreciated

I had the truck towed into the Hino dealership and they ran a scan and cake back with this.

Job 1 TOW IN, CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON
Sales Qty UOM
Item #
Item Description
UnitRate Per
290.00 0.00 0.00 4.00 29.00 45.00 368.00
UnitRate Per
Extension
Employee(s) on above job :
Job 2 SCB-002-13 SERVICE CAMPAIGN Sales Qty UOM Item #
Item Description
Extension
10/15/2014 /

Hooked up to DX and retrieved faults for SCR and NOX sensor abnormality. Performed trouble shooting for NOX code P2214. Performed DEF doser quantity test and leak test. Leak test failed and quantity test was over spec. I checked the decomp tube for crystalization and didnt see any deposits. We will need to start with a DEF doser and run a regen to monitor nox levels.

(Tech 73954 on 2020-03-28 at 07:32:10)

Job 3 REPLACE DEF DOSER
Sales Qty UOM 1.000 EA
1.000 EA
Item #
S17J0E0020:HI
S17J0E0020C-C1:HI
Item Description INJECTOR ASSY - UREA
INJECTOR ASSY - UREA
UnitRate Per 300.00/1 EA
86.45/1 EA
Extension 300.00
Employee(s) on above job :
Job 4 PERFORM REGEN AND ROAD TEST Sales Qty UOM Item #
Item Descriptio

They replaced two parts on the van and I picked it up yesterday paid the bill of 1,400.00
Took the truck about 45 miles down the road the DEF light comes back on and I started losing power once again.

It was late when I dropped it back off the guy said it tossed a few codes and was speaking of
The sprayer or misters that spray the DEF might be bad and they can cost a lot to replace

But they will know more in the morning...
What can cause this problem with my truck I don’t mind paying to fix it but just don’t want to get into them just tossing parts at it because they don’t know what they are doing.

I will update this tomorrow morning when I get more information from the dealership on it

Thanks Ron