GVWR / GCWR Rating

streetsweeper

Expert Expediter
Frank;
Do you know anything about states registering a unit going by the manufacturer's axle weight rating instead of gross weight? I was told this and I'm pretty confused about it.

I do know with class 8 units, legal limits are 12,000 ft, 34,000 tandem axles rears tractor & trailer for a combined weight of 80,000lbs.....but a class B unit & trailer?

Am I being fed a line of bull?

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi streetsweeper,

I have no idea of what or why they are rating the Cargo Van, by axle weight, A "b"unit is a standard vehicle similar to a pick up of 1 ton capacity, I think that some one is pulling your leg, plus you cannot put a more than a 8-1 ft trailer on it because it will not be able to carry the load

Frank

streetsweeper

Expert Expediter
Hey Frank, thanks again.

I fubar'd that, the question should have read 'have you heard anything about states taxing a vehicle by the Gross Axle Weight Rating' (GWAR- The manufacturers maximum Gross Axle Weight Rating vs GVWR).

Thanks!

streetsweeper

Expert Expediter
Frank;
Sory, I fubar'd the question. It should have read Gross Axle Weight Rating vs Gross Vehicle Weight Rating for licensing one ton pickups & up.

Thanks again!

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
STREETSWEEPER,

I REALLY DO NOT KNOW THE EXACT ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION YOU WOULDHAVE TO GO TO YOUR STATES DOT REGULATIONS TO FIND OUT OR YOUR LOCAL DMV OFFICE

FRANK