Veteran Expediter
US Navy
13346705_10154138079714526_4757702057840533297_n.jpg

Reactions: Windsor and Ragman

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No liberal will ever take that. They like being offended. They live to be offended. It gives them purpose.

Reactions: brokcanadian

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
If only liberals got offended I would still be allowed to talk about politics in EO. I will admit that folks on the far left often take offence to whatever they can get there feelings around. They look for it. That makes it hard for liberals that actually have something to gripe about. It gets chalked up as another liberal complaining again. Sometimes we should take the partisan crap out of the argument and realize that there's just a lot of fed up Americans who have been let down by our own government by both parties. No one in Washington has our best interest in mind, that has become clear to me over the last 20 years. There's no money in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: brokcanadian

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If only liberals got offended I would still be allowed to talk about politics in EO.
That statement implies someone, or multiple someones, likely non-liberals, got offended by something that you posted, which resulted in you losing your Soapbox posting privileges. And since I'm the one that removed your Soapbox posting privileges, it more specifically implies that I personally was offended as the reason for you losing your posting privileges in the Soapbox.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

You lost your Soapbox posting privileges because of your inability to talk politics without attacking members for what they say. If you disagree with what someone says and you want to attack what they said, that's fine. It's part and parcel of debate. But when you craft a response using the word "you" you instantly change the topic and focus of the discussion onto the individual who said it, rather than what they said.

Instead of replying to the post, you tend reply to the poster. Instead of attacking the post, you tend attack the poster. That's why you can't post in the Soapbox.

Other than the whining of the first sentence, your reply above is a good first step in showing that you can reply and stay on topic. If only you'd left off the first sentence.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Lol if whining is frowned upon on EO then your gonna be a busy man Turtle.
If that's all you gleaned from my post, then it's not hard to understand why you can't post in the Soapbox.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"I'll so offend to make offense a skill..."
Once again, a brilliant addition to the conversation. That's a line from Prince Harry's soliloquy from Henry IV, where he concludes that by earning the people’s disapproval with his current behavior, he sets himself up to appear all the more glorious when he finally decides to earn their approval, since they will not take his high merit for granted. This soliloquy is extremely important to the play, because it establishes the irony of Harry’s character, known only to the audience and Prince Harry himself. And it exposes the complexities and ambiguities of Harry’s mind, showing a seemingly virtuous young man who can manipulate and lie to others in order to achieve his goals. I'm not sure how it applies to this conversation, but it's a brilliant edition, nonetheless.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
If that's all you gleaned from my post, then it's not hard to understand why you can't post in the Soapbox.
It's not all I "gleaned" from your post its just that not being able to whine was the only thing in your post that I haven't heard before. I'm learning

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's not all I "gleaned" from your post its just that not being able to whine was the only thing in your post that I haven't heard before. I'm learning
I never said anything about not being able to whine. Clearly you can whine. All I said was that the whining in your first sentence wasn't really a good indicator that you are showing an ability to stay on topic.