Ground Flight LLC

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Just curious if anyone has any experience with Ground Flight LLC? Good, bad, indifferent? Any input would be appreciated!!

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
I think ScottInBama works for them also. ask him

I saw him pop up in another post and it lists Ground Flight in his info...so far research shows a pretty solid respectable company. I'm not switching companies but they popped in a personal conversation so needed a little input!

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
They were a good company...had a couple of friends interested in expediting who went with Ground Flight...apparently there were some ownership/partnership disputes and now it sounds like not one person there including the owner tells the truth! I feel horrible for recommending them to another friend recently! BEWARE is all I can say, they promise lots and follow through with little to nothing!

)0( Nasmaste )0(

Jacanah

Active Expediter
Pandora, this is the second thread you've started on this forum to bash Ground Flight. I know who the driver was you spoke of on the other thread and he's a very good friend of mine since knowing him while driving for Ground Flight. This particular driver had very good luck when he first signed on being in the right place at the right time very often. He wouldn't stay empty for much more than a day before being loaded again and, a good portion of the time, we'd have him loaded the same day. January and February are statistically slow months and the owners here looked after the company drivers as best they could to keep everybody up and running till freight broke loose in the spring. Unfortunately, it's just now doing it. It was a rough March, April was worse, and May was just so-so. I hate that this driver had such a hard time but he also got some very good long runs that also left him in tough areas for us to get him out of. But with freight so slow, we took what we could get for him and all the other drivers to keep them moving and earning money.

As far as drivers being stuck in Laredo for 10 days, we haven't had that kind of problem lately. Actually, we've had very good luck getting drivers out of Laredo; got one out tonight by a broker that called us before offering it on the load boards because they know our drivers will deliver on time and safely.

I also read some comments concerning our website and on that matter you are correct. The site was contracted out for design by a local company and it really does need some attention to fix the grammar and typos. I spoke with our Operations Manager yesterday concerning that and will pursue it further with management to see that we get that corrected. It was nobody here at Ground Flight that designed the site nor wrote the text inserted in it.

We really do try the best we can to please everybody but, as the old saying goes, it just won't happen. There are other circumstances concerning drivers that they don't tell others while sitting in a truck stop parking lot. If a driver has a complaint about a company, that's the only thing you're going to hear from them. I've been out there and have seen this on a daily basis. I had to stop eating breakfast at the counter, instead sitting at a booth, to keep from hearing every driver complain about their current company. It's just part of the business and the reason the turnover rate is so high in the trucking industry.

While I do respect your opinion to post threads to this site, you really should have all the facts before badmouthing a company you know very little about. Especially on a site like this that is viewed by more than just drivers. Our customers, brokers, and peers in the expediting business visit this site as well as it's the top shelf website in the expediting industry. I'm overjoyed you have found a carrier to drive for that treats you so well. The honest truth of the matter is that, from what I understand, you are in a tandem axle large straight operating as a team and I could load you with more freight every night than you could handle. Those trucks are hunted down by the brokers where the small straights are more competitive to load. It's just a part of the business and some drivers come onboard and just don't do as well as others. It's not something we're proud of, to have a driver sitting, but it does happen. Sometimes it's not even our fault. I got a load two hours ago for a company driver and he wouldn't answer his phone so I had to turn the load back even though it had a four hour window for him to get to the pickup. If he won't answer his phone now, what makes me think he'll answer it in time to get to the pickup? A month ago I got a load for another company driver that would have got him moving from a spot he'd been sitting at for two days and would have put him home for the weekend. He wouldn't answer his phone and I had to turn it down. We can't commit to something without some commitment from the drivers at the same time. So, bashing us as a company without all the facts is just another truck driver story you hear at the counter at the TA.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Pandora, this is the second thread you've started on this forum to bash Ground Flight. I know who the driver was you spoke of on the other thread and he's a very good friend of mine since knowing him while driving for Ground Flight. This particular driver had very good luck when he first signed on being in the right place at the right time very often. He wouldn't stay empty for much more than a day before being loaded again and, a good portion of the time, we'd have him loaded the same day. January and February are statistically slow months and the owners here looked after the company drivers as best they could to keep everybody up and running till freight broke loose in the spring. Unfortunately, it's just now doing it. It was a rough March, April was worse, and May was just so-so. I hate that this driver had such a hard time but he also got some very good long runs that also left him in tough areas for us to get him out of. But with freight so slow, we took what we could get for him and all the other drivers to keep them moving and earning money.

As far as drivers being stuck in Laredo for 10 days, we haven't had that kind of problem lately. Actually, we've had very good luck getting drivers out of Laredo; got one out tonight by a broker that called us before offering it on the load boards because they know our drivers will deliver on time and safely.

I also read some comments concerning our website and on that matter you are correct. The site was contracted out for design by a local company and it really does need some attention to fix the grammar and typos. I spoke with our Operations Manager yesterday concerning that and will pursue it further with management to see that we get that corrected. It was nobody here at Ground Flight that designed the site nor wrote the text inserted in it.

We really do try the best we can to please everybody but, as the old saying goes, it just won't happen. There are other circumstances concerning drivers that they don't tell others while sitting in a truck stop parking lot. If a driver has a complaint about a company, that's the only thing you're going to hear from them. I've been out there and have seen this on a daily basis. I had to stop eating breakfast at the counter, instead sitting at a booth, to keep from hearing every driver complain about their current company. It's just part of the business and the reason the turnover rate is so high in the trucking industry.

While I do respect your opinion to post threads to this site, you really should have all the facts before badmouthing a company you know very little about. Especially on a site like this that is viewed by more than just drivers. Our customers, brokers, and peers in the expediting business visit this site as well as it's the top shelf website in the expediting industry. I'm overjoyed you have found a carrier to drive for that treats you so well. The honest truth of the matter is that, from what I understand, you are in a tandem axle large straight operating as a team and I could load you with more freight every night than you could handle. Those trucks are hunted down by the brokers where the small straights are more competitive to load. It's just a part of the business and some drivers come onboard and just don't do as well as others. It's not something we're proud of, to have a driver sitting, but it does happen. Sometimes it's not even our fault. I got a load two hours ago for a company driver and he wouldn't answer his phone so I had to turn the load back even though it had a four hour window for him to get to the pickup. If he won't answer his phone now, what makes me think he'll answer it in time to get to the pickup? A month ago I got a load for another company driver that would have got him moving from a spot he'd been sitting at for two days and would have put him home for the weekend. He wouldn't answer his phone and I had to turn it down. We can't commit to something without some commitment from the drivers at the same time. So, bashing us as a company without all the facts is just another truck driver story you hear at the counter at the TA.
I've seen it all too often...drivers just don't tell the whole story...anything that might make them look bad, conveniently gets excluded....like the ones turned down after being "stuck" for 10 days...the "not" wanting to be disturbed at 3am for a load...the nerve of dispatch eh?....imagine a 24/7/365 operation calling at 3 am?....so many stories in the Naked City....

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Actually this thread was old...and I didn't start the other thread. Do your homework first! This was my old thread asking about them as a company for a friend almost a year ago...I made a comment before the thread started that they were going down the drain in my opinion.

{TEXT DELETED, WARNING GIVEN - KEEP IT CIVIL AND PROFESSIONAL, THIS ISN'T THE SOAPBOX - Turtle}

)0( Nasmaste )0(

Last edited by a moderator:

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Oh and until you've known the driver I am speaking of 20 plus years then really who is a good friend? And it's not just one driver I know fyi...

)0( Nasmaste )0(

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Jacanah you might want to see my comments on the thread that was really started to bring gf and their practices to light...if you can figure it out since you obviously can't tell who started a thread and when!

)0( Nasmaste )0(

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Sometimes it's not even our fault. I got a load two hours ago for a company driver and he wouldn't answer his phone so I had to turn the load back even though it had a four hour window for him to get to the pickup. If he won't answer his phone now, what makes me think he'll answer it in time to get to the pickup? A month ago I got a load for another company driver that would have got him moving from a spot he'd been sitting at for two days and would have put him home for the weekend. He wouldn't answer his phone and I had to turn it down. We can't commit to something without some commitment from the drivers at the same time. So, bashing us as a company without all the facts is just another truck driver story you hear at the counter at the TA.

I wouldn't tolerate that from a driver. If you are in your truck showing available you better answer your phone when dispatch calls. I used to have some leased on drivers who would never answer their phones at night. That got real old real quick. I answer my phone at midnight when I'm available on the boards. You guys must be getting some really screwy drivers. I once had a driver complain how he'd been sitting for a week and when I called him with a load to Laredo. A nice 1500 mile load, he didn't answer his phone. Then the guy called me back 30 minutes later wondering if the load was still available. I simply stopped looking for loads for the flakey drivers. All this and the drivers want to get on here and bash the carriers because they can't handle the job, can't feed themselves, and can't answer their phones. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wouldn't tolerate that from a driver. If you are in your truck showing available you better answer your phone when dispatch calls. I used to have some leased on drivers who would never answer their phones at night. That got real old real quick. I answer my phone at midnight when I'm available on the boards. You guys must be getting some really screwy drivers. I once had a driver complain how he'd been sitting for a week and when I called him with a load to Laredo. A nice 1500 mile load, he didn't answer his phone. Then the guy called me back 30 minutes later wondering if the load was still available. I simply stopped looking for loads for the flakey drivers. All this and the drivers want to get on here and bash the carriers because they can't handle the job, can't feed themselves, and can't answer their phones. lol

we even have guys who won't do loads in the middle of the night because they are not prepared....they've played around on the net all evening...they think this is a day shift job...then complain they have been "stuck"

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
we even have guys who won't do loads in the middle of the night because they are not prepared....they've played around on the net all evening...they think this is a day shift job...then complain they have been "stuck"

If your posted available than you should be available any time, teams are usually better at anytime bit still needs to be prepared for a three am or three pm

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

21cExp

Veteran Expediter

Yeah. I am only available from 10-11:30 and then again from 16-17:30

I get a lot of sleep that way and am always ready :grin:

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Yup. You gotta be ready to roll at midnight. I know it's hard to do, but you have to do it. If I come back out on the road next year. I'm gong show you how a handicapped driver can outrun a healthy driver and still take loads at midnight. It's just way too slow out there right now for my liking. But the drivers who don't answer their phones at night need to get a job as a banker, or a librarian!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Jacanah you might want to see my comments on the thread that was really started to bring gf and their practices to light...if you can figure it out since you obviously can't tell who started a thread and when!

)0( Nasmaste )0(

I do have to say his post was professional and not attacking. That is not how you responded. Guess which method leaves a better impression.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.