Greetings - new member

thebruce

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hello to all.
I just joined this forum hoping to find a sounding board (and some advice) on how to repair my old 2004 diesel Isuzu NPR-HD box truck. I've had it for 5 years and 40K miles (135K total as of today) and this is the first time it has broken down.
I followed a thread from another board to get here.
I think my problem is fairly simple. It began by overflowing the fuel filter. I have replaced it but cannot seem to get the lines bled. (no it does not have a hand pump). I am getting fuel to the filter but not to the injectors (I cracked all 4 of them but no fuel). The vacuum assist cutoff appears to be wokling when I roll the key and I think I can hear the electric fuel lift pump.
My off-year manual doesn't exactly match the truck but mentions a bleeding process that includes a return line from the injector pump.
My thinking is that I need to bleed the air out of the lines but after several attempts to mechanically pump to the injectors (with the starter) absolutely no fuel come thru. This makes me think the cutoff valve isn't opening or the line to the injector pump is blocked (or the injector pump is bad).
If this was my tractor I might spray diesel into the air intake but I'm not sure I should atomize fuel into the turbo.
Anyone feel like chiming in to correct my thinking.
Thanks in advance.
thebruce

Reactions: Turtle