Great New Web Site

G

Hey, has anyone seen the Web Site caled Dispatchers and Truckers? It has a lot of great help info that other sites don't have. The URL is http://www.gentle.org/voice/Roberts/roberts.htm I hear that some guy from Roberts made it. Looks pretty good to me, and I've found it quite useful. I wish that some of the dispatchers where I work would use it!

G

Just saw it. You're right Trav, it is a nice site. I think the Voice Chat is a great idea. Maybe us drivers could have some meetings online & chat voice to voice? We could set up meeting times and shoot the breeze!

G

Travis,

Thank you for the heads-up - looks good! If you come across any other informative industry links please forward them to me so we can post them in our up-coming Expedite Information Directory.

Take Care,
Lawrence McCord
[email protected]
Expediters Online

G

The site sounds interesting, but most interesting of all would be a site specific to expediters for equipment, info, etc set up where everything comes together in one place. As I researched the expediting industry, I spent enormous amounts of time finding great info on a huge number of sites. The trick is then to remember where you found the info next time you need it. A computer crash and subsequent loss of all bookmarks in the middle of everything does not help. Perhaps it could be structured so that suggestions could be immediately posted and then archived by the proper person or persons. I have been trying to work out how this might be done for weeks. Good luck if you do it. Ed

G

The web site looks good. I think it has a lot of potential.
When are we all going to start meeting in the voice chat room?
I really like that idea.

G

Lets get a voice chat going on the Dispatcher site tonight at 8pm ET.
See you all there.

G

While we are checking out new sites, please give truckerland.com a look. I emailed the owner of the site, and he has given the expediters their own forum. I know there are several great sites out here, <I run in and out of most of them> just hope we can add one more.

FrostyDoll

G

I told my dispatchers about it & they thought it was a great help site. They're planning on using it to help us drivers. Gang, you should get this web site into the hands of your dispatchers. That is -if you want some help when you're broke down or lost!
Keep on truckin'