Great new video showcasing Load One.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nice truck.
Nice video.
I cut my theeth on R Model Mack’s..
Growing up in the shop, prior to computers, my Friday nite date nite was spent at various dealerships looking at micro fisch films and paper build sheets of each truck.
I’m thinking how far we’ve gone.
Also, we’ve returned to integrated drivetrains, engine/trans/rears all by OEM. A feature we enjoyed on those old Mack’s.,
Like we’ve gone full circle.

Reactions: Moot and jelliott

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That's a pretty good video there, dood. Whoever wrote the script gets a big thumbs up. And the guy who read it sounded uber believable.

Reactions: RoadTime

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Looking at the back of the dog, did you have to tolerate “Its one A-Hole looking at another “ comments ?

Or, when I dressed one up “ Puttin chrome on a Mack is like puttin perfume on a pig “.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Memories.....
Favorite truck to ever drive was a RS700L with an air shift 4x4 .I think they called it a 12 speed.
I just remember it was so smooth and had 4 reverses.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
how far the trucks have come, my 1st truck was UD1800, did the job, than as I learned what I wanted each truck was a little better than the last one. that why it is important to read, study, research , go to truck show each year.
good job.

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nice truck.
Nice video.
I cut my theeth on R Model Mack’s..
Growing up in the shop, prior to computers, my Friday nite date nite was spent at various dealerships looking at micro fisch films and paper build sheets of each truck.
I’m thinking how far we’ve gone.
Also, we’ve returned to integrated drivetrains, engine/trans/rears all by OEM. A feature we enjoyed on those old Mack’s.,
Like we’ve gone full circle.

Started on a B with a quadraplex. No power steering no air ride seats. Seats were bolted to the floor. Stack of springs 16” thick. The wing window would break your pinky finger it was that close to the steering wheel. Didn’t have enough power to pull a sick whre off a poop pot. I’m that old lol.

Reactions: Moot

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Cold and drafty in the winter and hot in the summer. I used sticks to keep the wing window propped open. Never drove a quadraplex but plenty of duplexes and triplexes in Bs, Fs, Rs and one U model. Eventually I got into an F model with a 5 speed, a whopping 237 HP Maxidyne, and power steering.

Reactions: Pro3500

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That Maxidyne was so advanced technically that people couldn’t understand it.
I was hauling gas in Chicago and we bought a U model as it was priced so much less than a R Model.
I loved that sidecar.
It’s rare to talk to another U model driver.
Moot, what was your U model experience like ?
The other drivers avoided it like a plague. I guess it wasn’t macho.
We were Teamsters, so I guess it all paid the same.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Moot, hearing you have so much Mack experience, and often have a similar thought process as me, I wonder if the Mack ride of old van be linked to CTE ?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I guess we kinda hijacked the Load One/Freightliner thread.

That Maxidyne was so advanced technically that people couldn’t understand it.
Yeah, you could lug the snot out those, 1200 -2100 rpm. What was amazing was the speed range
5th gear provided, 35 mph to the 60s.

It’s rare to talk to another U model driver.
Moot, what was your U model experience like ?
My U model experience is limited. The one U this family owned company had was a tandem tractor stretched and a dump body added. I drove it to the dump and scrap yard a few times and spent one day farmed out to a ready mix company hauling sand from pit to plant. I didn't like the narrow cab only because the "passenger side" mirror was on a long mount and vibrated like crazy. Also I believe the doghouse intruded further into the cab than on an R.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Moot, hearing you have so much Mack experience, and often have a similar thought process as me, I wonder if the Mack ride of old van be linked to CTE ?
Maybe but I was often told I was born this way.