Great college football this weekend

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I think it's either going to be a classic, or something we wanna forget, nothing in between.

If the Bucks play like they did 1st half against Northern Ill, they have a good shot. If they play like second half... well... TX will murder us!

I think Texas is too big for us to win it on rushing yards. We need A.J. Hawk on the front line.. the guy was a tank last year!

Seems to me like our best bet is a passing game. If Smith can hit Ginn well, I think we'll do good.

Fox has a pretty good preview of the game, along with stats, etc.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/gameTrax?gameId=200609090083

GO BUCKS!

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, as a native Texan and with a daughter at U.T. I have to say GO LONGHORNS!

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
[font size="+2"]Bucks win, 24-7[/font]

Good game!

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
[font size="+3"]Go BLUE?

[/font]

That's just wrong! :p

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

JimmyB

Seasoned Expediter
Ha Ha He He

For real though.. I am a UofM fan, but I will say that they bucks looked pretty good against Texas.... defence started out shakey, but tightened up nicely towards half time.

Now that the big 1vs2 games over... make way for the UofM vs ND challenge --- crossing fingers..heh

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
U of M??? Saw a bumper sticker once with directions to ann arbor.

GO NORTH TILL YOU SMELL IT,THEN WEST TILL YOU STEP IN IT.:7 :7

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
So much for LONGHORNS, great first quarter, it takes four to win. I could see it before the half Ohio was just to impressive. The only teams I see that might have a chance to beat them would be MSU if they are even on schedule or if U of M somehow plays the game of the year otherwise Ohio should beat U of M by 14. MSU always plays OHIO tough very tough.

National Champs? I would not bet against them thats for sure.

wahoofan

Expert Expediter
Ohio State national championship material? Too early to tell, Need to run the ball better than they have up to this point. Also defense gives up way too many rushing yards to their opponent. They have won both games on just pure speed at the wide receiver positions (Ted Ginn, and anthony gonzalez). Plus the fine play of their outstanding senior QB Troy Smith. Speed kills and they have loads of it on offense. The defense did make a huge improvement from the Northern Illinois game to the Texas game in points allowed and overall toughness. Defense is young and has lots of speed and good athletes. They should improve throughout the remainder of the season. Running game on offense will also get better, if they just focus more on it in practice. They are relying totally on the talents of the QB and wideouts so far. Coaches need to work harder on getting the total offensive package involved in the game. Once these defiencies are corrected, they will go down in history as one of the greatest teams in college football history. Talent is overwhelming (Speed, size, number of quality athletes) :9 :p I am not ready just yet to annoint them as the best team in the nation. I must see other teams from around the country etc..