GPS for truck routes

Keeshond0622

Not a Member
Lets see, they claim to be an E-Bay power seller. I went to the ALK website to see if they are an Authorized Re-seller ... NOPE!!

And they are offering a price that is $25 more than a well known on-line store for the trucking industry.

Here's where I found a great deal ...

GoTruckStop

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I found an auction for a GPS for truck routes,
It's amazing what you can find on eBay. Someone sold a half-eaten piece of French toast from Kid Rock for $3000. Someone else sold some moose poop earrings for nine bucks. I don't think it's from the same Moose we have here on EO. Might be, tho.
I hear its the best one made.
No doubt, from someone who has never used it, and then compared it to other GPS units.
I haul alot of Haz and I think this would work great for me.
You's think so, would't you? I mean, with the PC Miler name on it an all?
Anyone own this unit?
Yeah, a small handful of a couple of people here have it.
maybe some feedback.
Check out the discussions of hopes and dreams, fears and jeers, right here:http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/general-expediter-forum/33928-pc-miler-430-gps.html
It's what we live for.

SBBExpress

Seasoned Expediter
T/A has a captive audiance!:D

I use the Garmin 7200 GPS, I like it very well however it will not route H/M routing. It can be set up for truck as well as other modes of transportation. It's not perfect, none of them are, but it does keep you off the cow paths and away from low underpasses!:eek:

westernbob

Expert Expediter
Love's truckstop has the PCMiler GPS on sale in their flier for 299.99 probably til the end of Jan. I would presume.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We have the PC Miler 430 and bought it for the truck HazMat routes. They have many of the interstates in the country marked wrong and many of the roads marked wrong. It is useless to us as a HazMat router and we have found that it finds very few address. We tried to return the Miler and ALK will only replace the unit and that is after being on hold for a long time. It is an expensive paper weight!

Keeshond0622

Not a Member
I had ordered my PC Miler Navigator 430 the other day from GoTruckStop.

Today, I received this e-mail from them.

I was surprised to get it, for sometimes in today's world the word "customer service" really means "no customer service".

Great job GoTruckStop ... and I really mean it. :cool::cool:

So it looks like I should be getting my Navigator 430 in just a few days.

I wanted to give you an update as of today, 1/30/09, regarding your PC Miler Navigator 430 order.

We have already started shipping orders(over 75 units).

I personally spoke with Dan Titus, VP of Sales for ALK (the manufacturer of the PC Miler Navigator 430)today. Product was shipped (over 1200 units) on 1/27/09 via FedEx LTL to our two distribution centers. We are simply awaiting the arrival of those units so that we can ship your order.

I personally thank you for your patience and it should simply be just a few days before you receive your order.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Thomas (TJ) Graff
Dir. of Sales & Marketing
GoTruckStop.com
480/544/4671

truckerjohn

Seasoned Expediter
Wow sounds like the Ebay powerseller has good customer service also, He answered all 4 of my questions very fast. I am going to buy from Ebay. This guy has great feedback and he even called me and told me all about the GPS. ALK who makes the GPS has released this third version. They say all the bugs are gone and it is working fine now. I'm glad I waited till now to buy. It's always good to wait for a new product to work out all the Bugs first.. Anyways here is the link again. Oh BTW Does anyone know when they will be done with the destruction on 65 near Chi-town?

PC*MILER Navigator 430 Truck/Commercial GPS - eBay (item 300290496333 end time Feb-02-09 18:57:03 PST)

Last edited:

Keeshond0622

Not a Member
Hey everybody, got my PC Miler Navigator today from GoTruckStop.com.

Now that's customer service !!

I'll let everyone know how it works out. I know some folks had some issues with the early ones. I heard that ALK got the kinks worked out.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
TeleType's WorldNav products have some serious issues, accurate maps being one of them. Read the reviews at the various GPS review sites.

The PC Miler Navigator is on it's third revision in about 6 weeks. They hurried the product to market, and now they're hurriedly Band-Aiding and patching it up. But no matter how many bugs they fix, it's still "Powered by" CoPilot, and not by PC Miler.

Keeshond0622

Not a Member
Darn I should have waited for this model. This one is better. I wish I would have waited. The new and improved truck GPS. I think he is lower then everyone else. I looked all over. I may try to return my PC-NAv and get this one. Though the pc-nav is pretty nice.

WorldNav 5100 Truck Routing 5" GPS - eBay (item 300291547771 end time Feb-07-09 11:40:11 PST)

I'm real happy with my PC Miler Navigator so far. But I've only had for a day.

I'll keep everyone posted.

As far as you touting this e-bay seller.

I'm not sure if you are the e-bay seller yourself or not , I got my Navigator from GoTruckStop.com

But I checked them to see if they are carrying the new WorldNav 5100 that you are touting.

And here's what I found ...

WorldNav 5100

:cool::cool: