Government take over

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just don't forget to take your {Gov. provided} blood pressure control medicine.

I PAY for my "government provided" blood pressure medicine, thank you very much! :D In fact, the cost for at least one of my meds is HIGHER at the VA than on the open market. Many drugs are much cheaper at Wally World than at government contract prices. A neat little fact that many will soon learn.

Last edited:

moose

Veteran Expediter
Dose talking on your blood pressure medicine boiled your blood to the point of taking more medicine?
if so- welcome to capitalism:).

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Dose talking on your blood pressure medicine boiled your blood to the point of taking more medicine?
if so- welcome to capitalism:).

No, my BP is well under control. I can't wait to hear the complaints, long after it's too late, when people find out just how limited and expensive "free" health care is going to be. In all respects, not just financially.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just checked, 3 of the 5 perscriptions I take that are $24 for 90 days at the VA are $10 for 90 days at Wally World. I do know about the other two.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just read this article this morning......unbelievable is all I'll say.....well no that is not all....

Idiots!!.....

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
I skimmed the article - I'll probably read it later.

At the insistence of Republicans, we didn't get single payer, we got a hybrid frankenstein of a health care bill that enables fatcat insurance companies yet an even better feeding trough and there's injustice in charging them a little for the trip to the buffet table/feeding trough?

I doubt I'll be shedding a tear for them.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

At the insistence of Republicans, we didn't get single payer, we got a hybrid frankenstein of a health care bill that enables fatcat insurance companies yet an even better feeding trough and there's injustice in charging them a little for the trip to the buffet table/feeding trough?

Single payer, you mean a TOTAL government take over of a MASSIVE part of the economy, and MORE government control over our lives? HIGHER costs? Long waiting lists for doctors? How Marxist of you! What's next? What you will have with a "single payer system" Is quality health care for the government officials, and the left overs for everyone else.

Last edited:

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
I couldn't wait. I knew this would be good.

Forbes said:
But it will be up to insurers to sue to protect their rights. Like battered wives, they are unlikely to do so.

They're not trying to manipulate us, are they?

I think one the most important skills a person can have in the misinformation age is the ability to spot it.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I couldn't wait. I knew this would be good.

They're not trying to manipulate us, are they?

I think one the most important skills a person can have in the misinformation age is the ability to spot it.

Explain what you mean please. I don't understand.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

Where do you get this stuff? Under Obamacare they can only recieve a 15 percent profit. Anything over must be spent on patients or refunded.
As for single payer (which the left wants) would be no different than SS or medicaid. Which of course are broke and due to run out of money. Maybe we can get the post office to run it.:rolleyes:
They can't even launch a website after spending billions and they think they could take over insurance? I can't stop laughing.

Last edited:

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
Explain what you mean please. I don't understand.

Forbes is painting a picture of insurance companies as victims. Insurance companies are victims? Insurance companies that will make even more money thanks to Obamacare are victims?

ie A battered wife is a victim. Forbes said "Like battered wives" in reference to insurance companies. Insurance companies are therefore victims.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Forbes is painting a picture of insurance companies as victims. Insurance companies are victims? Insurance companies that will make even more money thanks to Obamacare are victims?

ie A battered wife is a victim. Forbes said "Like battered wives" in reference to insurance companies. Insurance companies are therefore victims.

Obama Care is designed to put in place a government run and controlled, health care system. To do so they must first put an entire private industry out of business, lay off who knows how many workers. It's working as planned.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
Where do you get this stuff? Under Obamacare they can only recieve a 15 percent profit. Anything over must be spent on patients or refunded.

What kind of margins did they have before and how many new customers are they gaining?

The alternative for them would have been single payer in which they would enjoy a profit margin of zero. I'm thinking they've made out pretty well. It's laughable to paint a picture of them as victims.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Do we REALLY want the government setting margins for private industry? How is that freedom? Does the government have ANY idea how much margin it takes to run a business? I mean, they are 17 TRILLION dollars in debt, seems to me that they have NO clue how to handle money.

Next thing you know they will be dictating how much a doctor can be paid for his/her/it's services.

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
What kind of margins did they have before and how many new customers are they gaining?

The alternative for them would have been single payer in which they would enjoy a profit margin of zero. I'm thinking they've made out pretty well. It's laughable to paint a picture of them as victims.

I wouldn't paint them as victims but a large percentage pulled out of the exchanges because there is basically limited profit. As a owner operator for example, should your wages be controlled by the government? Same thing.
As for "more customers", that is what they are hoping. Bad news is that isn't happening.

moose

Veteran Expediter
I mean, they are 17 TRILLION dollars in debt,
& you believe that website because???
what makes us think that this 17T# is not manipulated as well?
there's only ONE way to know.
audit the feds.
{which will start a civil war or something}

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
& you believe that website because???
what makes us think that this 17T# is not manipulated as well?
there's only ONE way to know.
audit the feds.
{which will start a civil war or something}

Not only does the Federal Reserved need audited, the Federal government does as well.