Goodbye FedEx (again)

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
The new flat rate pay plan has finally forced me to say goodbye to FedEx Custom Critical again. Today was my last load and my termination letter has been faxed.
I'll be at orientation with my new carrier, Load 1, on Monday and I am looking forward to a new, exciting and profitable future with a great bunch of people.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
The new flat rate pay plan has finally forced me to say goodbye to FedEx Custom Critical again. Today was my last load and my termination letter has been faxed.
I'll be at orientation with my new carrier, Load 1, on Monday and I am looking forward to a new, exciting and profitable future with a great bunch of people.
I'll be up at Taylor Monday. Look me up.

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been trying to get on with load 1. no openings, FedEx is becoming the if not already biggest broker in the expeditor business. All the bull they preach about the purple promise, wear your FedEx clothes keep your van looking new. Make FedEx look good. Then they broker loads to vans that are wore out dirty rusty broke down. Drivers haven't had a shower in days clothes are dirty can't speak English. But they run for .50 a mile. Fedex cc is definitely not what they preach.

rjthetightway

Seasoned Expediter
I've read the comments on here and wonder to myself why everyone complains, let's face it, it's all about the money and how much can be made by all of us including owners. If you were in the owners shoes you would do the same thing, just remember load 1, landstar, FedEx and all the big company's broker their loads out to make the most amount of money possible and if that means brokering it out to another company how can you fault them for that. I've notice on these eo forums there are a lot of greedy people telling others there is no money to be made in this line of work but in truth there is good money to be made because if there wasn't you wouldn't be doing it...

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I believe load one is flat rate also but I could be wrong

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
I've read the comments on here and wonder to myself why everyone complains, let's face it, it's all about the money and how much can be made by all of us including owners. If you were in the owners shoes you would do the same thing, just remember load 1, landstar, FedEx and all the big company's broker their loads out to make the most amount of money possible and if that means brokering it out to another company how can you fault them for that. I've notice on these eo forums there are a lot of greedy people telling others there is no money to be made in this line of work but in truth there is good money to be made because if there wasn't you wouldn't be doing it...

It's the fact that we are required to run for fedex exclusively but they don't have to use us exclusively. Outside of that there's not much to complain about. Rates are down, but they are down everywhere. We had a team on flat rate. They did over $20,000 each month until they moved to tval. I was surprised to see you could do so well on flat rate. But I wasn't running the truck so in all honesty it could've been a fluke and not the norm. I still believe there is good money to be made. Not as great as it used to be, but still good enough to build a career doing this.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You (universally speaking) contract with a carrier. It's all balloons and cake during discussions and orientation. Partners. Partners in this great business. Partners to do great work together and make money together. Partners who will only work together. The problem is that one side is full of everything except mutual partnership. Once the ink dries it's you will always be available to them, only be available to them, and they will cheat on you with any cheap tramp that comes along. That's why there's so much tarnish on the carrier's name and reputation because other than a very few who are stand up they are a bunch of lying cheats.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
It's the fact that we are required to run for fedex exclusively but they don't have to use us exclusively. Outside of that there's not much to complain about. Rates are down, but they are down everywhere. We had a team on flat rate. They did over $20,000 each month until they moved to tval. I was surprised to see you could do so well on flat rate. But I wasn't running the truck so in all honesty it could've been a fluke and not the norm. I still believe there is good money to be made. Not as great as it used to be, but still good enough to build a career doing this.

When it all boiled down, how many total miles did they run to make 20k a month and what was the all miles rate ??

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
When it all boiled down, how many total miles did they run to make 20k a month and what was the all miles rate ??

A lot of miles. I'll have to check the extranet but I believe it was around $1.60-$1.65 all miles.

Edit: not that high, see next post.

Last edited:

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter

The team did $1.56 all miles high month, $1.49 all miles low month. 3 months in a row over $20k. When I was running that truck I did from $1.62/high to $1.41/low. That's not much different.