Good Sign

flattop40

Expert Expediter
I had heard rummors of this.

Had heard that the Big E was not taking on anymore CV's and SPR's for the time being.

So got a run today to Cassopolis MI and DHed to the main office.

Upon arrival here there are 6 straight trucks and thats it.

Soooooo is this a good thing or no?.... from a personal stand point I say yes no more compitition for awhile BUT is it also a sign of things to come?

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had heard rummors of this.

Had heard that the Big E was not taking on anymore CV's and SPR's for the time being.

So got a run today to Cassopolis MI and DHed to the main office.

Upon arrival here there are 6 straight trucks and thats it.

Soooooo is this a good thing or no?.... from a personal stand point I say yes no more compitition for awhile BUT is it also a sign of things to come?

I've heard that in the past as well. Then two weeks later I arrive at home base there on a Monday- many Sprinters and a few cargo vans getting QC installed. Half income from last year tells me things are not that great anymore.... "wrong place at wrong time" can't be for this long of a period.

Time will tell...I'll have to get myself a "real job" soon :(

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bad news guys kinda...I am at the office and had a discussion with Larry Pickles (recruiter)..They are STILL recruiting!! Only no one that lives in the Detroit area.....BUT he says very few are lining up to sign on...sooooo good news, bad news....:confused:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bad news guys kinda...I am at the office and had a discussion with Larry Pickles (recruiter)..They are STILL recruiting!! Only no one that lives in the Detroit area.....BUT he says very few are lining up to sign on...sooooo good news, bad news....:confused:

I think I have this figured out....
The folks that say "We are not signning on any Sprinters or Cargo Vans" fail to tell the recruiters....That's why on Friday I hear this, then on Monday there is a parking lot full of Sprinters....