good questions from newbies to recruiters

garebel

Seasoned Expediter
how about some of you seasoned drivers give some input on questions for recruiters as we all know they dont always lay it all on the table...could save some wrong decision making,,,thanks--

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Start compiling a list of as many questions that you can think of. Ask the recruiter these questions and record the answers and then follow this simple formula:

Recruiter Speak ÷ Truth ≠ Reality.

Monty

Expert Expediter
Recuriters should state, plainly and simply, here is our data your experience may not be the same.

I have found that often, what the recuriter said, was not what the recruitee heard.

Couple that with a person that does not have the desire to succeed, and you have a reciept for distaster, i.e, "The recruiter lied to me".

When indeed, the recuriter may have not.

The only thing consistent in trucking, (any segement), is the uncertainty. What should be, often isn't. That why I love it so much, the daily challenges keep me young!

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
There are hinest recruiters out there..Anne at Bolt is as honest has the day is long, and I'd trust her with whatever she has to say about her HER company is doing....Brian at Load 1 is honest, but, as was pointed out, often times people don't hear what they have been told....at Load 1 John and Brian won't add bodies and trucks unless there is a need..tell that to enough people and all they here is "they don't want vans or sprinter"..when that wasn't what was said....now that being said, I wouldn't look for too maybe of the mainstream carriers to be adding VANS for a while.....

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My recruiter was 100% honest with me. It was limited to showing me numbers on loads and revenues from similar vehicles to mine. I didn't ask questions that I knew he was unable to answer, and I made my decision from there.